U2 presence at the Junos to honour lanois(canadian music awards)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
taken from canoe(click on the link for the rest of the story, this is the U2 pertinent part). it sounds as if they will be there in some capacity, perhaps perform on video or something. them + 'many others' sounds like it could be the most 'popular' junos ever.

Something to sing about

Contrary to rumours, U2 will not be at tomorrow night's Juno Awards in St. John's, Nfld. to help honour their producer and friend Daniel Lanois.

That's not to say they won't appear ...

"I don't want to give it away for Daniel, of course, because I want it to be a surprise for him, but there is something planned," says John Brunton, executive producer of the Junos, before adding coyly, "They're not going to be here physically.

"There are some other people that are going to appear that you'll be surprised about, you'll be surprised -- some of the biggest rock stars in the world."

------------------
slowly, by our own designs, we suppressed those we became dependant upon. then there was an uproar

I posted this before and nobody seems to care.

anywho, I'm from St. John's!! It's so cool, we don't usually get big things like this out here.
Pretty stupid though. I've never seen so many kids under 15 in one place...all wanting to get Sum 41's autograph. I strongly dislike teeny bopper Sum 41 fans.

I went to the mall hoping to get Rufus Wainwrights autograph for a friend, for her b-day. It was hell! and it turns out he's not even here! I was very frustrated.
But it was all made better when master T and his homies showed up and let fly some mad beats.

Anyway, good on lanois I say, he deserves it

And U2 are nominated for best international act! Too bad they didn't come here 'cos I think they'd love Newfoundland, it's almost identical to Ireland.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by Basstrap:
I posted this before and nobody seems to care.

you're right very cool for the east. depending on what the boys have planned lanois, it could get a whole lot better.

sorry about the posting of old info
wink.gif
but you're correct, no one does care about the east coast...and such a beautiful coast
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom