U2 postponed new album due to new 2006 tour dates! VH-1.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
Was watching VH-1's top 20 countdown to see where OOTS was (#12) and after they played the song the host said that the Edge had said in an interview for a magazine (I think it was Q) that the band had planned on going back to the studio to start work on the new album early 2006 ,but because of all the new tour dates added to the 4th leg of the tour, they won't start on the album till the end of the year! :sad:
Damn you Mexico, Austrailia, NZ, Hawaii, Brazil, & Argentina!:wink:
:rant:

Atleast its good to know that the new album may be ready by next year!:dancing:

Last edited:
It was Bono who said that, not Edge.

They probably won't release an album this year, but hopefully they'll at least start one. I'd guess that it wouldn't be out until next year.

Rachel D. said:
It was Bono who said that, not Edge.

They probably won't release an album this year, but hopefully they'll at least start one. I'd guess that it wouldn't be out until next year.

You're right, it was bono.

December 3, 2005: In the January issue of Q Magazine, Bono talks about plans for the next album.

Q: Are you really recording a new U2 album in 2006?

Bono: Yes, I want to serve these men. I want to go back to working for them. They're dignified men and we're on to something here. Edge has never played like this before. We need to record some songs where we don't respect the conventions too much. Let Edge run amok. And Larry. If we concentrate we might knock another extraordinary couple of albums out.

September 21, 2005: In an interview with U2.com, The Edge talks about the next record.

So, are you writing new material on Garageband for U2 as well?

We are writing all the time. I sort of write music for recreational purposes, that is my fun! Unfortunately it doesn’t necesarily mean that it is all good but some of this stuff I’m happy with. There are some things I’m very excited about.

I’m already starting to think about the next record, I love being at the beginnings of getting something going, all the possibilities. And I think it is a very exciting time in rock n roll. Hip-Hop had its way in terms of breaking new ground and for a while there it dominated the creative zeitgeist but now I feel that bands and rock’n’roll ideas are back with a vengeance. There are so many great bands, so many new ideas in rock n roll, in guitar-based music. It’s wonderful to see, like some of the bands we have had on the road with us, and I am very inspired by all that.

December 15, 2004: In an interview with Rolling Stone, Bono suggests there might be a new U2 album in 2006.

RS: You've talked about how this album has brought U2 full circle, back to the feeling of empowerment on Boy. Does mean that U2 has an assured future, and that we can expect another album before, say, 2007?

Bono: I think there will be a record in 2006. Because we're on it now.

Last edited:
100% realistically, Fall 2008 will be the new album. And I think that sounds right. Take summer of 2006 off, reconvene towards end of year, work on new album, work on it all of 2007, all of 2008. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but I know they won't. The next tour won't be until 2009. Get ready for the wait folks.

Since I've recently become a new U2 fan in the past two years, I've been wondering---what do U2 fans do while the band is working all of this time on an album and we have no concert audio or anything to keep ourselves occupied with???:eyebrow:

It's called "rumors and speculation".

That -and a nosy fan outside the studio with a cell phone- can keep us busy for months...

U2dork said:
It's called "rumors and speculation".

That -and a nosy fan outside the studio with a cell phone- can keep us busy for months...

:yes: I volunteer to be cell-phone-guy if someone will pay for my flight, room & board..:wink:

we buy pointless U2 things on ebay and pray for a song to be leaked...

I waste my time writing fanfic, too, where U2 manages to put out an album in a much quicker time. ;) It's all pure fantasy, folks!

Oh and listen to other music. Yeah, there IS some! I'm too fussy though...

MrBrau1 said:
I'd heard they were already recording during the break before the next tour leg.

What I had read in some interview (sorry not recalling the source) with Bono, after HTDAAB was released, said they had a lot left over from those recording sessions and had indicated some of that could easily then move onto a later album and with those tracks and with probably some additional tracks, which could get done during the tour leg breaks, to complete it, Bono felt they would have a complete album.

So if that was the case then actually a late '06 album being released is still a possiblity.

We could hope for that!!!

:drool:

ah....i can see the Bono quotes starting up already.

"Edge has never played like this before."
"We're on it now."

As repetitive as these are, you can't help but get excited :wink:

LightMyWay60 said:
Since I've recently become a new U2 fan in the past two years, I've been wondering---what do U2 fans do while the band is working all of this time on an album and we have no concert audio or anything to keep ourselves occupied with???:eyebrow:

:blahblah: :banghead: :rockon: :heart: :scratch: :scream::hug:

You'll find out soon.. oh and let's not forget :rant:

:wink:

Well, you won't catch me complaining about the new album being postponed!

I can live with that if it means we get the tour brought to Australia! :D

everything you know is wrong.

You guys contradict yourselves. You all go on and on about how bono says completely opposite of whats really going on.

I bet this leads up to a sneak attack album this spring or summer.

ooh 2006? So that means it will actually be out approx 100 million years after the next ice age. But we'll all probably be dead so......yeah I don't know where I'm going with this.

Back
Top Bottom