U2 postponed new album due to new 2006 tour dates! VH-1.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:
It's called "rumors and speculation".

That -and a nosy fan outside the studio with a cell phone- can keep us busy for months...

or outside the beach house :hyper:

nothing like trying to discern lyrics over the sound of voices, waves and cicadas :drool:

I'm guessing that 2007 would be the earliest that a new album would be considered - late October or November seems about right

Does anyone still have the HTDAAB beach clips?! that would be awsome, I just wanna remember what it was like to hear them. I'm in the mood for some mid-2004 nostalgia!

This thread is great to read. I've always had a feeling that this would be their last tour...going out with a bang.

But I would guess they'd probably get some ideas recorded at some point, then have a break and come back to complete it. I can't see another album until end of 2007.

Re: everything you know is wrong.

t8thgr8 said:
You guys contradict yourselves. You all go on and on about how bono says completely opposite of whats really going on.

Who are you refering to when you say "You guys"? I don't remember saying anything of the sort. A couple of cynical post doesn't mean we all think as souch.

We all should know U2s routine for making albums by now:rant:

Whatever date Bono gives for a new album release, add minimum of 1.5 to 2 years.

If they decide to begin work at the end of 2006, the earliest (and I mean EARLIEST) that this album will hit the shelves would be the end of 2008. And I think that is a stretch.

HTDAAB cam out November 04
the 2nd half of their career has been bascially a 4 year turn around between albums...so November of 2008 seems likely to me.

Prove me wrong guys, PLEASE prove me wrong.

exactly, i became a huge u2 fan after ATYCLB, so i was here for the whole buildup to HTDAAB.

All the quotes, leaks, etc.
It was my favorite time here, great times :wink:

but also going through it made me take Bono's quotes very lightly now. As exiting as they are, the "punk rock made on venus," the "burn down all our other works," he always says that stuff.

They have a tour for the first half of the year, and then they will definetly take a break as they are all family men. Earliest they START working on a new record would be beginning of 2007.

And then u2 are perfectionists so I say the quickest we get a new record is beginning of 2008.

AussieU2fanman said:
Does anyone still have the HTDAAB beach clips?! that would be awsome, I just wanna remember what it was like to hear them. I'm in the mood for some mid-2004 nostalgia!

i was just going to ask that...would be cool to hear those again.

I would love to hear the beach clips too please. Went to download them before somehow never got the chance. As for U2 with their new album Im willing to wait as long as it takes for it to come out! Gives me something to really look forward to :).

New Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean NEW WORLD TOUR?!?!

PLEASE GOD LET ME SEE U2 LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE.

I've got the beach clips. :D I'm at a library computer right now & I'll try to remember to put them up later on tonight when I'm home.

These were some of the fake u2-songs that surfaced before anyone had heard the album. And we used our precious time to speculate, the beach clips, fake u2 songs, fake covers, rumoured album names, rumoured tracklisting. These fake clips are funny to listen to, actually. They surfaced right before the beach clips, if I'm not mistaken:

This one was the closest of all:
http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3QTATPKUSDJZP34ERCJ94REVS8

Not even close:
http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3NMOOZCADM29P1X3RWZRD4E6LK

Just stupid, and the singer doesn't sound like Bono at all:
http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=1Q73QYZZ79MGQ3JL0DD3KAV06V

ahhh....those waves....

All Because of You leaked as well, think it was the first one to do so

remember people were listening to the leaks and trying to interpret the lyrics? there were some hilarious ones :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, ABOY also leaked out. I hadn't heard the fake ones. Pretty funny! :lol:

re: leaked tracks

Utoo said:
Yeah, ABOY also leaked out. I hadn't heard the fake ones. Pretty funny! :lol:

My favorite part of "leaked full versions" tracks, so often wind up being just a 30 second snippet of one song on a loop that is then patched together and repeated over and over for like 4+ min. worth and broadcast out as some exclusive!!

Gotta love those... :drool:

U2 Beginner said:
New Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean NEW WORLD TOUR?!?!

PLEASE GOD LET ME SEE U2 LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE.

Oh they'll tour but I'm betting it won't be until spring of 2009 with the new album in the fall of '08

Ok. So being that I'm a grad Mech. Engineering student, I know my math...and numbers NEVER lie1!:wink:

So after doing the "U2 math" :nerd:, this is the answer I got:

1 "As reported U2 left various tracks off How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb that did not fit in with the overall sound of the record. Many of these songs were rumoured to be more aggressive in nature, which may explain early explanations of the album being guitar driven."

+

2 "We could have had an album out [earlier], and it would have been pretty damn good. You would have really liked it, because it was a rock & roll album. But we have to sing these songs for the rest of our lives, and they have to work on so many levels.”

+

3 Bono then went on to say “Two years -- it's a song a month. There are twenty-four songs that came out of the sessions. Eleven of them are on the album.”

+

4 "We need to record some songs where we don't respect the conventions too much. Let Edge run amok. And Larry. If we concentrate we might knock another extraordinary couple of albums out."
(JUST A MONTH AGO HE SAID THAT AND BY THEM MOST OF THE 2006 DATES WERE PRETTY MUCH KNOWN

=

New Album released:
January 9th, 2007!
Name:
How to Make Punk Rock from Venus.

:wink:
No really..is it that far fetched that they could pull of another "Zooropa"?
They've regained crititical aclaim, had two 10xplatinum selling albums in a row, and two sold out, kick ass tours in a row...I think they can forget about seling records and go into the studio without reservations and just rock out like we all want them to!

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Where the hell did these beach clips come from??? :ohmy:

That 'Come to me' clip (fake) sounded so bad!!! :lmao:

A couple of dudes recorded them outside of Bono's south of France home. You can hear the guys talking over a few of the tracks.

I'm uploading them now to savefile--should be done in a few minutes. :)

Last edited:
the tour lasts through most, or at least half of 2006.
they'll surely take at least a year off doing nothing.
which is until mid 2007.
late 2007 they'll convine to throw ideas together.
serious recording will not start until early 2008.
figure a year on recording, then a few months mixing, mastering, record label stuff, etc....
november 2008 is the release date, provding no disasters strike the studio.

which is 4 years since HTDAAB.

far-fetched?

nope.

dream all ya want.
dream out loud.

re: leaked "beach" recordings

Utoo said:
Here are all 4 of the "Beach Recordings"

http://savefile.com/projects/154729

Enjoy!

These were all verified as leaked prior to the album or any live session coming forth or maybe this was playing of the recordings stolen in France??

The ocean sounds some what canned to kinda make it has a since of realism of some "beach" recordings.

As well was it ever translated to what the guys were actually chatting about during such recording.

Also off if they were intent on recordings such things why didn't they stay quiet v. directly talking over it??

Curious.

JOFO said:
the tour lasts through most, or at least half of 2006.
they'll surely take at least a year off doing nothing.
which is until mid 2007.
late 2007 they'll convine to throw ideas together.
serious recording will not start until early 2008.
figure a year on recording, then a few months mixing, mastering, record label stuff, etc....
november 2008 is the release date, provding no disasters strike the studio.

which is 4 years since HTDAAB.

far-fetched?

nope.

dream all ya want.
dream out loud.

I agree. I have been thinking in the same way.

Ohhhh that brings back so many memories of me having these clips on loop for hours and hours....I can imagine imagining the potential of Miracle Drug back then, I think I like the beach clip better for some reason.

Lol I remember my interpretation of the 'All because of You lyrics' for the clip outside the studio. It was posted on the front page and it ended up being completely innaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom