U2 Posters(And Questions About Some Of Them)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I'm thinking about purchasing some more U2 posters - not recent ones, but older ones. I have a few questions though...

1.Does anyone know any of anywhere(not eBay) where I could get this AB poster?

U0010.jpg

2.Which JT Poster do you like better?

A.
pp0907_l.jpg

or

B.
10114497.jpg

I think I like A better myself.

3.I love this Pop poster...but which is better, the one with the release date on the bottom or the one without? I think I like the one with the date better.

A.
U2---Pop-1997-original-rock-promo-poster--C10119062.jpeg

B.
ubmplpo536gb.jpg

Last edited:
1) sorry, I'm not sure where you could find that poster, though I'd also like to know!

2) I like (A) much better. Better use of design plus the band picture is a little larger :up:

3) I think I'll go with (A) again... mostly because the date commemorates the date that would change my life :wink: I used to own that 2nd poster but lost it with the rest of 'em :sad:

I like the tree better in B) but the font better in A) :shrug: I think I would go for A) if I had to decide, but it's not easy!

1) That is one sweet poster. :drool: I don't know where you could get it. Maybe allposters.com?

2) Definitely A

3) I'd go with A again.

Yup I have the first JT poster too! I got it at my uni poster sale, hehe! It's better 'cause it's the album cover and I have a 'thing' for album cover posters. I love that AB one too but no idea where you'd get one...

Sorry dunno were you can get the Achtung poster.

I definately like A. JT the best that is the one I had hanging on my door. The real thing from the concert!

I like the POP one without the date. Every fan knows when that was.
:wink:

Let us know where you find some posters as I am in the market too!

Thanks!

Idk if any of you know people in college or anything, but my school bookstore sells a ton of posters and they have poster sales a couple times a year and always have nice U2 ones!

So you could try having someone you know get you one from there if you don't want to order online...This one is in my dorm now :)
u2.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket

Last edited:
1. Not sure, don't collect AB ones

2. I like B better, I have one very similar (3'x5')

3. I like B better, that one's on eBay a lot. I like mine the best though, it has red on the top and bottom (the one in the back corner)
room3.JPG

#1 - ebay may be your only option re: Achtung Baby era posters. I happened upon this baby (above the comp) by pure luck and got it for $34 (already framed).

345%3B%3A77%3B3%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3DXROQDF%3E2323994787367ot1lsi

#2 - I like option B :wink:

#3 - I like the one with the date. It also makes me wish I had a place to display this one (green Larry, lol) I have :slant:

345%3B%3A77%3A6%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A64%3B%3A%3Aot1lsi

LarryMullen's_POPAngel I have that imagine poster too :wink:
I love it!

Out of curiosity, how old are all the people with the pictures of their (very cool, i must add) rooms decked with U2 posters?

I am turning 19 in February and even though I am covering my walls with U2 Posters, I feel like it may be kind of silly as I am moving out "soon" (when your 15 or 16, putting up posters seems fine becuase u know your gonna be in your room for a long time... but at 19 I feel a little wierd - Is it just me?)

A) I wish I knew where I could get that Achtung Baby Poster

B) I'm probably the only person who has B, and although I like A's picture of the band more(bigger and clearer) i DO like the extra landscape we get in the B (as the desert landscape had alot to do with the Joshua Tree album). But overall I'd say A is a BIT better (I like the clearness and design more)

C) I like the one with the date.. it seems more epic.

Sting said:
Out of curiosity, how old are all the people with the pictures of their (very cool, i must add) rooms decked with U2 posters?

No worries, I'm 21, a senior in college, engaged, and my room is covered in PopMart.

http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/room1.JPG
http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/room2.JPG
http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/room3.JPG
http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/room4.JPG
http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/room5.JPG

I'm into bright colors and I have the shittiest looking walls ever, so it just made sense.

I'm into bright colors and I have the shittiest looking walls ever,

Ouch! Brown Wood Panelling Walls! Thats what we have in my basement, along with the brown semi-shag carpet(its not a pure shag but it sure is freekin ugly) it looks like an old fashioned mine-shaft down there!

Good thing you have a ridiculous amount of Popmart/Pop Posters to hide that!

My walls in my room are pure white, and because it is a pretty large room, it used to seem like the walls were miles away LOL. But since i've been putting posters up everywhere its been bringing it closer.

Thanks guys for thr reassurance! I guess im not moving out until im at least done school and my dreams of being in a famous band are slashed by the cruel world and harsh reality! So that will give me at least 4 or 5 years to deck this room out U2 style!

When I was 17/18 I had 3 U2 posters:

Zoomerang, ZOOTV, The Album Covers

I am now 21 and have 1 U2 poster:

Joshua Tree A - Classy, everybody comments on it. It is understated and an iconic image of the band which none of the other covers quite capture.

Sting said:

I am turning 19 in February and even though I am covering my walls with U2 Posters, I feel like it may be kind of silly as I am moving out "soon" (when your 15 or 16, putting up posters seems fine becuase u know your gonna be in your room for a long time... but at 19 I feel a little wierd - Is it just me?)

A) I wish I knew where I could get that Achtung Baby Poster

B) I'm probably the only person who has B, and although I like A's picture of the band more(bigger and clearer) i DO like the extra landscape we get in the B (as the desert landscape had alot to do with the Joshua Tree album). But overall I'd say A is a BIT better (I like the clearness and design more)

C) I like the one with the date.. it seems more epic.

I had a lot of them displayed in my old room at my mom's house. Now that I have my own place, I really only have the Achtung Baby one displayed, along with a few framed pictures from shows I've been to. I have the Vertigo posted from the October MSG shows but have no idea where to display it.

I miss having all my U2 posters around. :(

I had the Lichenstein POP one, a group POP, Larry POP, a Larry drum ad, The Joshua Tree album cover, War, ATYCLB (airport), Beautiful Day promo, Elevation promo, Zooropa album cover, etc.

If I ever get a house, you can be sure I'll have a U2 room. :nerd:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
No worries, I'm 21, a senior in college, engaged, and my room is covered in PopMart.

You know, we have the same desktop background. Creepy.

1. Ohh, I want that poster!!! :drool: Album cover + that Font = :love: ebay is the best bet I guess, although there aren't too many Achtung ones even on ebay. :( I bought one recently of one of the pics of the band from the AB liner notes and it still hasn't arrived yet! :rant:

2. I have (B) on my wall, the only U2 poster I got. But come to think of it, A's better!

3. (A) I guess... but not thrilled about either.

I'm 18, and I'm planning on taking at least one of my posters to college. If I get a single, it'll be as many can fit on my walls. :wink: I plan on having a U2 room when/if I ever have a house. Based on my major, I won't be living anywhere besides a cardboard box, but that's okay. Lots of things can fit on the walls of cardboard boxes...

:hyper:

DSCN0492.jpg

The one on the right is new. I just got it in the mail today! :wink:

I originally wanted to put up that Discotheque poster (the one that has a dizzying array of colors, all the boys are wearing really cool shades and their faces are somewhat distorted) next to the JT one, just to show the amazing contrast in the band's image! But Achtung works too. :love:

Sting said:

:hmm: Well I'm in my 30's :shifty: :yikes: and here are some pictures of my Computer/U2/guest room. I just put them in frames instead of tacking them to the wall now. :shrug:

I have about 40 or 50 U2 posters in boxes in my basement. Looking at these ebay auctions is tempting to put some out there. :hmm: Problem is, even though they are in boxes I probably couldnt part with them. :laugh: :reject:

11870U2_room_4-med.JPG

11870U2_room_3-med.JPG

11870U2_room_1-med.JPG

My favorite is the Joshua Tree ghost town one.

Back
Top Bottom