U2 - Popmart..that shirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I had the best time at Popmart.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

:drool: @the memory.

I came across this memory. The Popmart "placemats"!!
I took (well in the end, they took me) 2 girlfriends to Popmart with me. A couple of days after the event I gave them one of these each. They were a bit surprised...they hadn't noticed me collecting things. A laminated medium poster. It is too big to scan the whole thing.

So I thought some of you may enjoy the memory if you were there at the ANZ stadium. We arrived very late and never got to take any photgraphs that night. I liked that about going on the bus to ZooTv,it meant we got there early and I got a photo of the stage set-up. I've posted that one here before..
But the good thing about going in our own car for Popmart, is that itmeant we were late!!!...I've told that story , it's long..............but I still love it:mac:
I loved that idea and the result of the "muscle shirt" that Bono wore. Unique, I wish they had marketed them. And Edge ahhhhhhhh, I digress...

We went to Jupiter's the next night, only briefly, not my scene at all...no fun without money. And we had breakfast at a little place called Gloria's. I do believe I had the time of my life:yes: :yes: :yes:

Have a good weekend musiclovers :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
:yes: the muscle shirt was cool.

i always wondered what such a big chested girl like me would look in one. :laugh:

i don't even remember what the band wore for my concert anymore :sad: but i'm 99% positive bono did wear the muscle shirt.

3358757923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D576%3D796%3Dxroqdf%3E232334753883%3Aot1lsi

3358757923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D576%3D796%3Dxroqdf%3E232334753883%3Bot1lsi

:tongue:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i always wondered what such a big chested girl like me would look in one. :laugh:

why don't you scan a picture of yourself in one for us all to see?:hyper:

:yes: I love Popmart! I've worn the Popmart shirt that I got in Chicago so much that it's really starting to fade! :sad: You can see it in my profile pic.

I saw Popmart on 6/27/97 in Chicago and on 10/31/97 in Detroit. Two of the best experiences of my life!

where did it go?

what the...? that's what i get for sleeping.....they move things around:eyebrow:
anyway...in the original post I made, i apologised for posting the pics, they came out blurrier than I had hoped.
KR, I was planning on getting my hub to wear it, if ever I found one, but I suppose at some point I'd have a little go myself too.I think it would be hilarious.
Posting this yesterday made me recall...I STILL haven't seent eh photos from my friend's 40th "D" party( it was a long time ago now) One of the women was wearing a female version of that shirt apparently. Everyone laughed their arses off at the party ...I wanna see!! At least it's reminded me of that.

I had the night of my life.........
and I owe it all to U

thanks ops
I have a question about the Popmart in Mexico T shirts ( a guy was trying to sell me one, telling me it was rare. How do you know what is rare and what is not. It was a nice shirt, colourful, but huge...I suppose it was a bargain for someone. I could have hung it on the wall ....if I had room.........the one that got away. he reckoned it was worth $80!! Australian!! for a T shirt!!!I think he just said that so when he said "BUT....you can have it for $40"
I would be lulled into thinking I was getting a bargain.
I like my U2ey stuff.
actually no......
I LOVE my U2ey stuff

quote from Sesame Street
"anyone wanna buy a used "U"...?"

Attachments

• rock005.jpg
    rock005.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 30
Yes, I must agree PopMart rocked!
I remember seeing them in Vegas, it was so big, everything was so huge we could see the set-up from the Stratosphere hotel that we were staying at, so cool! Driving up in a cab I could hardly contain myself...
And then seeing Pop in Rome, now that was amazing. Never seen so many people at a concert in my life. It was at this abandoned airport and there were just thousands and thousands of people everywhere!!! We were so far back that even the PopMart screen was small!:laugh: And this was also the most disorganized chaotic U2 show I have ever experienced, for example there were no toilets so people kinda were just going wherever they felt like it:huh: and it took us like 2 days to get there, 6 hour train ride, and then since they had like shut all of Rome down for this event and closed all roads to traffic, they made us walk literally miles to get inside the venue.... It was such a unique experience I will never forget it!!!

Hi SJ1,
Thanks for that story of dedication and endurance. I shall print that and show it to the aforementioned 2 women i took to Popmart. We were going to catch a courtesy shuttle bus from Brisbane City to the U2 venue. That involved standing in a queue for maybe an hour...did they whinge about that!! The guy in front of us was on crutches for heavens sake.
I will show them your story and tell them that is what a real fan will do for U2. ( they aren't real fans actually, they just wanted to tag along with me).
It may be part of the reason U2 haven't come back to Australia, and if so that is a bummer, but the show I went to, didn't sell out. A bummer for U2, but great for the audience. I couldn't handle a BIG crowd. Your experience in Rome sounds incredible. Well done:yes:
I have to live on my Popmart memories. I STILLLLLLLLLLL haven't seen"elevation" ...not even the video. I'm looking forward to that.
ahhh Edge...Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!

PS: there was a band in town last night called "elevation" I rang and checked...just in case. No, they are not a U2 tribute band.

:wave:cass! And I didn;t go into detail! You should have been there to believe what chaos it was. Honest to God! I have done lots of crazy things to get into U2 concerts! For ZooEuropa we were in Southern Italy and we took a train to Bologna.....try 19 hour train ride from hell and then after the show we missed the train back so we spent the night on the streets of Bologna!!! It was ok though, because the whole city was like U2 land, fans everywhere and stands selling U2 stuff for miles around the stadio. I still have to work more on my website and write out all my crazy U2 stories....each concert has its own tale!
And :hug: to you because it deeply saddens me to know that you like follower and so many could not see Elevation tour :(
cheers!
U2SJ

yes, about the muscle shirt

was it somethingt they had made then, or were they purchased from somewhere? and if so, why can I not/do I not own one?

Popmart was my first U2 concert experience (June 25, 1997, in Madison). Thanks to my lovely parents for driving me over 10 hours roundtrip and for putting up with me during the concert!!! :kiss:

Popmart was cool, but I personally preferred Zoomerang (I have only seen two U2 shows thus far) I had great seats both times but the seats for Pop were incredibly good- paid through the nose for VIP seats, but it was well worth it- when the guys came out of the lemon we moved in so close (cause we were in the field section) that I could see clear as day the chords that Edge was playing on his guitar and I liked the Michael Hutchence tribute at Pop but when I think back to the Zoomerang show that I saw it was so much better- the storm, the heat, the atmosphere my anticipation- it was possibly the best two hours of my life so far......

and Mona Vox- where did you get that Brisbane stuff from???- did you follow the guys to Brisbane to see a show or something????:)

*sniff*
zoo tv
:scream: :scream:
i had storms at popmart and up until elevation i thought they were the best 2 hrs of my life thus far. i still dont know.elevation was so different. slane was mind blowing, still different though.
i want my zoo tv

Back
Top Bottom