U2 PopMart dvd pushed back to 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
popmart86 said:

i dont think sept 11 should even be a release date anymore because of the last time it was on a tuesday.:| thats just me but i hope this isnt tr00 and it is actually being released in 3 weeks.

Why?

Unless you write it down the way you did it doesn't seem like anything big at all.

Are we still over-reacting?

it isn't an issue that it is coming out on September 11. Things are going to happen, not happen, come out, be released, get published, deals will be made, etc. on future September 11ths.

What really peeves me is that they keep pushing back this DVD, which is easily the most anticipated U2 dvd for me.

I saw a frigging commercial for the DVD release of this concert on the first printing of the Fifth Element DVD back in 1998!!!

It was such a long time ago that I had to watch the DVD on my girlfriends PC in her dorm room, because it was the only DVD player I knew of! And I was using a PC!

boy, how times have changed. I now own a mac, am engaged to said girlfriend, am wayyyyy out of college, own a DVD player (that I got for 59 bucks) and the friggin POPMART DVD still hasn't been released.

It will probably come out when Blu Ray players are 59 bucks and my grandkids are on a futureball league.

Fuck.

on Amazon FR it says June 25
on Amazon CA it says June 26
on Amazon DE and UK it says Sept 3
on Amazon US it says Sept 11

No idea what Amazon JP says

thats a clusterfuck :crazy:

Galeongirl said:
My money will be on november, in the 20s or so... :rolleyes:

Probably November, in the 20s or so, in 2008 ... or 2009 ... :|

for those complaining, try being a twin peaks fan. we finally got season two a little over a month ago!

I bet the move has to do with the U23D movie and lack of a new album; they're trying to ride the wave of the movie and fill the gap of having no new material for Christmas. I thought it odd that we were getting a DVD in the spring/summer.

Nothing should ever happen on September 11th, ever again. Anyone with a birthday? Too bad - no birthday for you!

:|

Fuck this, i don't care it's on a 11th but dear god the constant pushing back!

I have been waiting for this dvd for ages and was so happy it finally arrived....

Until the monthly delays and now even several months! Complete bullshit.

While I agree there's nothing wrong with having releases on 9/11; life goes on after all, I don't think we need to be flippant about it either.

I'm not being flippant about 9/11. I'm being flippant about the idea that things shouldn't be released on 9/11. I see a difference there, but maybe you don't.

corianderstem said:
Nothing should ever happen on September 11th, ever again. Anyone with a birthday? Too bad - no birthday for you!

Damn them all to hell :up:

corianderstem said:

I knew this would happen eventually :(

Maybe I should have my birth certificate amended or just write a "12" over the "11" :hmm: :wink:

they really do like these fall releases, don't they? haven't the past 3409580439543 U2 product releases been in the fall? (ex: ATYCLB - october. HTDAAB- november. U2byU2 & Zootv dvd - september)

i heard the world just stops turning and we all spend 24 hours not getting on with our lives every time it's September 11th nowadays...:|

How about this? They shouldn't release it on any date in history that had any sort of terrorist attack and there were civilians killed, anywhere in the world!

Back
Top Bottom