U2 Playing Halftime of the Supa-Supa Bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac Phisto

The Fly
Anybody else want to help me out with this one regarding halftime performances during the Superbowl as reported on ESPN.com. Sounds like some erroneous journalism at play...

(The following is in excerpt from the site's "Page 3" story on Superbowl commercials)

The company is hoping that a star-studded cast of performers including P. Diddy, Kid Rock, Nelly and Janet Jackson will keep viewers on CBS. But, as always, there will be plenty of competition to draw the viewer away.

NBC has scheduled a special edition of "Fear Factor" with centerfold models, which will run at halftime and continue after the game. Fox has a Super Bowl halftime show featuring U2. Then there's the Lingerie Bowl, a pay-per-view event that will feature scantily clad models playing seven-on-seven tackle football.
------------
No. 1, I'm down for the Lingerie Bowl. Only in America. No. 2, there's no way U2's involved, right???

MacPhisto

Oh, by the way, the 90s sci-fi cheesefest "Independence Day" is scheduled on Fox's website for the evening. Hope is quickly turning into another four letter word.

They aren't talking about the on-field halftime show. It's just something the other networks are doing to try to siphon viewers off of CBS during the on-field show.

Lingerie bowl...? Sorry, but I may be skipping U2 Sunday night. :drool:

Fox has a Super Bowl halftime show featuring U2.

I can't find any information about this anywhere. Please be more specific. I've gone to Fox, I've gone to ESPN. Please help.

Unfortunately, I have got to be the most gullible (sp?), naive person, I pretty much will believe what you say so stop messin with me! Am I gonna see U2 on Television on Sunday or not?

vlasak said:
Unfortunately, I have got to be the most gullible (sp?), naive person, I pretty much will believe what you say so stop messin with me! Am I gonna see U2 on Television on Sunday or not?

no. they performed 2 years ago. it's an obvious typo.

i heard they will be wearing lingerie while playing halftime of the lingerie bowl

My local radio station said they'd be playing too. I had a thread about it here a week or so ago but it disappeared with only one response. It's listed on the similar threads thing for this one.

Last edited:
nick_u2 said:
I just saw on the Sports Illustrated website there will be a secret halftime performer...

Oh, great. Now I have to watch this thing with the slim hope that it'll actually be U2. But this would certainly be the surprise of the century for me!

Yeah, Outkast would be cool....but I was listening to them today and thinking, do they have anything, er, appropriate enough? lol

How is Hey Ya inappropriate? That's what they'd most likely play.

anitram said:
How is Hey Ya inappropriate? That's what they'd most likely play.

My bf asked the same thing tonight, so we played the song....

Don't want to meet your daddy
just want you in my Caddy
Don't want to meet your momma
Just want to make you cum-ah

Mac Phisto said:
Anybody else want to help me out with this one regarding halftime performances during the Superbowl as reported on ESPN.com. Sounds like some erroneous journalism at play...

(The following is in excerpt from the site's "Page 3" story on Superbowl commercials)

The company is hoping that a star-studded cast of performers including P. Diddy, Kid Rock, Nelly and Janet Jackson will keep viewers on CBS. But, as always, there will be plenty of competition to draw the viewer away.

NBC has scheduled a special edition of "Fear Factor" with centerfold models, which will run at halftime and continue after the game. Fox has a Super Bowl halftime show featuring U2. Then there's the Lingerie Bowl, a pay-per-view event that will feature scantily clad models playing seven-on-seven tackle football.
------------
No. 1, I'm down for the Lingerie Bowl. Only in America. No. 2, there's no way U2's involved, right???

MacPhisto

NOT UNLESS THERE'S GOING TO BE SOME SURPRISE HAPPENING......OR WILL
THE NETWORK JUST RE-RUN THE PERFORMANCE FROM 2 YEARS AGO.....SEEING THAT IT WAS SO AWESOME? BUT, THAT LISTED THE VICTIMS OF 9/11....SO MAYBE IT'S JUST SOME CLIP, OR SOMETHING.......AND MAYBE IT'S "NOTHING AT ALL"...........GUESS CHANNEL SURFING DURING HALF TIME WOULD BE THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE..........

Did anybody here see the halftime show? Did I or did I not see Justin Timberlake ripping Janet Jackson's shirt and causing her boob to fall out? WTF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? And the FCC thinks Bono is bad for saying fuck? Not only that, I thought the NFL was trying to be more family oriented? I'm sure there are a lot of little kids out there asking Mommy and Daddy right now why that man ripped off that girl's shirt so that she was naked. I'm sure the kids went into shock and the parents had a heart attack. I think the NFL and the FCC is looking at Bono and U2 a lot differently right about now. Bono wouldn't do that in a million years, even if it was a staged act. Personally I don't care if somebody uses a curse word or two or gets naked. I'm just tired of the double standard!!!

Back
Top Bottom