U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've enjoyed this Grammy show. Radiohead lost me a few albums ago, but this was agreat performance. I enjoyed U2...reminded me of ZOO TV which was one of my all time favorite live shows from ANY band. McCartney with Dave Grohl was cool. Coldplay, Stevie Wonder (despite the Jonas Bros) and Niel Diamond still to come...

That was pretty damn epic. :drool:

I'll bet Radiohead fans aren't bitching about Thom's vocal imperfections, or his spastic, goofy movements

Haha also a great point! Let's not get carried away praising Radiohead and putting U2 down. Aside from the sound quality, U2 was awesome too!

16529551chrissib28200992842PM.jpg

16529753chrissib28200993603PM.jpg

:drool: thank you nurse chrissi :shifty:

I think that as U2 fans we are very "self-conscious" about how U2 sounds, looks, performs, etc. We feel this way about them because it feels like they're a part of us, and we feel about them like we would about ourselves. If we look at their performance tonight as an "outsider" then it seems a lot better than how we thought of it as.

AtEase is unbelievably slow even when all members of Radiohead are on summer vacation with their families. No wonder it melts down now.

Without fool comparisons, I feel glad to have enjoyed U2, McCartney,Coldplay and Radiohead shows tonight. They were fab.:up: And I'm here waiting patiently to hear Robert Plant and Alison Kraus, too.

No Colin Greenwood, no 15 Step. Sorry, but that song lacked its usual groove, and Johnny got buried in parts. Didn't like it at all.

:up:after watching it on you tube.........why all the bitching? they sounded great. bono had great energy. after hearing the early comments i thought it was going to be pretty bad. quite the opposite.

Not sure if someone already posted, but there's already an HD capture on u2torrents. 498mb for a three and half minute song!!

I think that as U2 fans we are very "self-conscious" about how U2 sounds, looks, performs, etc. We feel this way about them because it feels like they're a part of us, and we feel about them like we would about ourselves. If we look at their performance tonight as an "outsider" then it seems a lot better than how we thought of it as.

Quoted For MAJOR Truth. :up:

This is so exaclty what I've always felt about the U2 fan community (myself included). It feels like we're parents watching our 7 year old perform in the school's production of Stone Soup. :wink:

That's so true. I was so relieved when it was over and saw that they were able to pull it off.

u2 rocked it....technical issues with the sound, but edge's guitar was solid, especially during the "let me in the sound" part. when they get it right, they are going to be on FIRREEEE :drool:

bono messsed up a few times, especially the the "in the sound" bridge.

overall, good start. this was their first performance of the song...tough to do it on such a big stage.

Back
Top Bottom