U2 Opening Acts...yay or nay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UltravioletU2 said:

Me, too! It was halloween so they wanted to dress up and like you said, their costumes were terrible! Actually, their whole act was awful. The U2 fans were not impressed with their costumes or their music, so basically ignored them. Smashmouth was so pissed at the audience they started swearing telling them to f%&*in' cheer, etc. I've never heard so much profanity in the 10 time frames between the songs!!

Oh, yeah, I was so impressed by the way the lead singer kept saying f**k this and f**k that after every song. We basically ignored them too. :yes: Besides, we were too busy trying to figure out how to get closer! :happy:

det7.jpg

det6.jpg

det9.jpg

Nay. Especially if it's GA and you have to stand the whole time. I just want to get right to U2 and more U2 songs!

PS Dave C your sig is waaaaaaay toooooo loooooooong buddy.

Savannah said:
Nay. Especially if it's GA and you have to stand the whole time. I just want to get right to U2 and more U2 songs!

That's another thing...I sincerely hope they don't do the GA section for the floor like they did for the Elevation Tour. :down:

a) i sincerely hope they don't listen to wertsie about doing away with GA floor on the next tour. That was almost as cool as jesus.

b) opening acts are wikkkkid! man. PJ Harvey 2x and Garbage... some of my favourite artists.. that was fucking incredible. I'd so much rather have an opening band. It's a free concert people.. so don't go crying about it. And to those who say sure i like the bands but i'd rather see them on a separate night.. there's people who live in small places and so when 'large' bands come nearby it's never near enough that travel there is painless.. so when you can see 2 awesome bands for the price of one ticket and one trip to the big city, you sure as fuck won't see me complaining.

SkeeK said:
a) i sincerely hope they don't listen to wertsie about doing away with GA floor on the next tour. That was almost as cool as jesus.

Ah, you obviously weren't at the Palace...:mac:

They handled the situation HORRIBLY! We had to get the first wristband, then make a mad rush down to the heart to get to get the heart wrist band. Then they "ran out" and some people who they had already let in the heart were asked to leave. Luckily, I wasn't one of them! And there was PLENTY of extra room in the heart.

If they play at the Palace again and the staff actually figures out what the hell they're doing, the GAs would be cool...otherwise :down:

Personally, I kind of like having a definite place where I know I'm going to be. Less stress that way! :happy:

wertsie said:

Ah, you obviously weren't at the Palace...:mac:

They handled the situation HORRIBLY! We had to get the first wristband, then make a mad rush down to the heart to get to get the heart wrist band. Then they "ran out" and some people who they had already let in the heart were asked to leave. Luckily, I wasn't one of them! And there was PLENTY of extra room in the heart.

If they play at the Palace again and the staff actually figures out what the hell they're doing, the GAs would be cool...otherwise :down:

Personally, I kind of like having a definite place where I know I'm going to be. Less stress that way! :happy:

I couldnt agree more. I went from 4 nights in Chicago where the GA situation was handled great, to the Palace. AWFUL!

Unfortunately Wertsie some of my friends did the GA thing for Bruce at the Palace and it sounds like things were handled even worse than U2 was.

Back
Top Bottom