U2 Opener-Delirious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ft. Worth Frog

Acrobat
I've been seeing different threads about opening acts; I have a suggestion. ANyone here heard of Delirious? ? They are from the UK and have opened for Bon Jovi a couple years back. They are a Christian band with a sound very reminiscent of U2. Very energetic, passionate, and extremely talented. I think they would be a great outfit to open for our boys for some of the tour.
P.S. Their latest album TOUCH (U.K. AUDIO LESSONOVER) is solid with some searing guitar that reminds me of Edge.

audioslave should open for u2(rage did so who knows)

does u2 know about VELVET REVOLVER, they should open for them, their album will be out next year so that will rock.:yes:

they could have no opening act.....
U2 then would be able to give a longer show, the way i think some arenas/stadiums work are the band has to be finish by a certian time, so the workers and other staff can be finished and go home at a certain time
thats what happened here in australian for John Farnhams last tour.....
he had no opening act and played for about 3 hours

The more U2, the better. But if there HAD to be an opening act, then I want to see Jimmy Eat World, simply because I like them.

if delerious opened I might make an effort to show up late

dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys dead kennedys

then again....

Bunbury said:
Let's just have everyone's favorite band open for U2.

*Imagines Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, followed by U2*

Oh, yeah. Now we're talking. :yes:.

Course, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers probably wouldn't be an opening act for anyone now.

But it would be cool. At least for me.

As for Delirious...eh. I've heard a couple of songs of theirs. They're okay. Don't know if I'd want to see them as an opening act for U2, though.

Angela

WinnieThePoo said:
how about new G'N'R lineup :lol: :lol:

they just might steal the show. audio slave might also steal the show. so i dont think u2 will have them open. these are power rock bands.
if the album is very very good and the band(u2) is on top of their game then they could have some of these bands open for them but if the album suxs(i dont think so) or is just alright and nothing new or rock&roll they might have to look some where els. like maby coldplay open for them.

:shrug: I could enjoy Coldplay as the opener. They'd be a safe bet at least. They're not amazing in the way that U2 will be, but not terrible or too hardcore (I hate power rock, sorry).

Didn't they play at the first Slane gig in 2001?

Back
Top Bottom