"U2 Once and For All Part I": Best Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello!

Okay, basically over the next few weeks I plan to run a series of questions by the members of the U2 Feedback forum to discover, once and for all, what the majority answer is to certain U2-related issues (such as best song, best album etc.)

For ?Best U2 Song?, the format will be the following;

1) Each user gets one vote, where, in this case, they will pick their top 5 U2 songs in order of preference (where #1 is the best, #2 the second best etc.)

2) Songs voted upon may be either songs released as a single, b-side or album track. Only original U2 songs maybe included (i.e. no "Unchained Melody" or "Satellite of Love") and live versions of songs do not count

3) After five days, the voting will be closed and the results will be tallied in the following manner;

5th Choice song: 2pts.
4th Choice song: 4pts.
3rd Choice song: 8pts.
2nd Choice song: 10pts.
1st Choice song: 15pts.

The five songs with the overall highest points will be announced in order. In the event of a tie, the song with the most amount of 1st choice votes gets preference, failing that second choice votes etc.

I would like everyone who can to vote as it will show what the vast amount of members on U2 Feedback really think.

Best Regards,

Greg

5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
4. Bad
3. With Or Without You
2. One
1. Where The Streets Have No Name

(Note: These aren't all necessarily favourites of mine, but, instead, what I deem to be -- on as close to an objective scale as possible in a subjective medium -- the "best" U2 songs. It should also be noted that in the grand scale of things, 5th place 'Pride' is just as good as 1st place 'Streets', but this is what happens when one is forced to place something subjective into an objective standard -- oh, how I so badly wanted to include 'Running To Stand Still' in the #5 postition!)

Last edited:
5. Lemon
4. All I Want Is You
3. Miss Sarajevo
2. A Sort of Homecoming
1. One Tree Hill

5. WOWY
4. Kite
3. One
2. Streets
1. Bad

I guess this is really hard for me. I tried to make my choices based on what I think are "classic" U2 songs or songs that best define the group.

It's hard because the songs that define U2, while they are among my favorite songs, the songs I would classify as favorites are not always the best songs. For example, I absolutely love WGRYWH, but I would not say it's one of the "best" songs. The exception to this is Bad .. that is my all time favorite song and in my opinion the best song they have ever written).

Wow, this was tough.... But I'm going to go with the presumption that in this case, "best" is defined as my 5 favorites. Here they are (after much mental wrangling) :

5. One Tree Hill
4. Acrobat
3. Gone
2. Kite
1. When I Look at the World

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
5th Choice song: 2pts.
4th Choice song: 4pts.
3rd Choice song: 8pts.
2nd Choice song: 10pts.
1st Choice song: 15pts.

I hate to be picky (or do I?), but it seems strange that there's such a big gap between 4th and 3rd, when the gap between 3rd and 2nd is smaller. Maybe 3rd should be worth 6 or 7 points. Or maybe the way you have it set up is perfect!

Like usual, I choose songs that are most liked by me relative to how much other people like them. That's just the way I am... no point voting for songs everyone else will vote for!

5. Running to Stand Still
4. So Cruel
3. Stay
2. Please
1. In A Little While

[color=royal blue]While these differ from my personal favorites.....I think these are the best.....

5. Bad
4. ISHFWILF
3. WOWY
2. Streets
1. One

no big surprises......
[/color]

Okay, this is REALLY hard...

5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. One Tree Hill
3. Stay (Faraway, so close!)
2. Always
1. One

that was hard work, very difficult to choose! Here's what I came up with although it could definately change depending on my mood.

5.) Please
4.) New Years Day (hmmm i think i'm the first to vote for it)
3.) One
2.) All I Want Is You
1.) With or Without You

#5 Rejoice
#4 Lemon
#3 Stuck in a Moment ...
#2 I Still haven't Found what I'm Looking for
#1 A Sort of Homecoming

I am not including songs from ATYCLB.In this state of mind probably I will name all the songs from this album.

5.With or Without You
4.Stay (Faraway! So Close)
3.Bad
2.Where the Streets Have No Name
1.One

I'll try to pick... :huh:

5. New Year's Day
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. With Or Without You
2. Running to Stand Still
1. One

I couldn't squeeze Walk On and Stay into the list... :(

Last edited:
Well, this is my top 5 at the moment. It'll probably all change tomorrow.

5. Heartland
4. I Will Follow
3. The Fly
2. Streets
1. Bad

This is a cool idea.

Ummmm...let's see.

5.) With or Without You
4.) Ultraviolet
3.) The First Time
2.) Running to Stand Still
1.) All I Want Is You (the only easy choice)

Back
Top Bottom