U2 on the Starbucks playlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
I work at a Starbucks and our current rotation of music includes:
I Fall Down
New Years' Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Angel of Harlem

Definitely makes work go by faster...
Along similiar lines, other great music currently in the rotation:
Lost In The Supermarket, Train In Vain, This Is Radio Clash by The Clash
In Your Eyes, Shock The Monkey by Peter Gabriel
Plus some stuff by New Order, The Cure, Roxy Music, Talking Heads, and even Echo & The Bunnymen

That sounds sweet :up:

I Fall Down is an obscure choice, I'd expect something like Gloria or I Will Follow.

While it's great that U2 is in rotation, it seems all 80's songs. I'm really surprised not to hear any 90's music. Based on the list you wrote, songs like "One", "Mysterious Ways", "Stay" and "Staring at the Sun" would blend in nicely. Furthermore, 'Beautiful Day", "Sometimes...", 'Stuck..." and even "Vertigo" would belong from the current decade.

But it looks like your list is very 80's. I guess they figure their clientele grew up then, so this is what they want to hear. :shrug:

Yeah the reason it's all 80s is because the CD is almost entirely 80s....thus the Talking Heads, Clash, etc.

I haven't actually heard I Fall Down or Streets yet (they are listed on the CD case though), but it's on random play and it's not always on the highest volume

The Starbucks I go to once a week or so always seems to have 60s soul music on .. just not really my cup of tea.

But actually they played Depeche Mode and David Bowie the other day, which was a nice change.

I should say play U2 or I will take my business elsewhere. :wink:

Ifeelnumb84... I work at Starbucks to, we have the hear music hard drive player now though, so it's not as easy to pick... boo. But I heard Streets come on the other day, and I Fall Down a couple of shifts ago. I remember about a year ago when we had the cd player there was a cd that had: Streets, Pride, Twilight, Two Hearts Beat As One, and (I think) I Will Follow; Stuck in a Moment's been on of our cds along the way. The other partners knew I would put that cd on when I came on shift so they didn't say anything:) I remember way back (mid 90s, before I worked at sbux) hearing Your Blue Room on of their cds.

Back
Top Bottom