U2 on Some Kind Of Monster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There's a moment on the Metallica documentary Some Kind Of Monster when Bob Rock (Metallica’s producer) is talking about a radio add that Metallica had to do and he says "That must have been really hard for you guys. I can’t imagine Bono or The Edge going on the radio saying...". I remember when I first saw that I was pretty happy cause U2 Metallica and are my favorite bands. Anyway, I was listening today to the audio of Metallica’s commentaries throughout the whole thing and when that part comes in Lars says "What about Larry Mullen and Adam? Uh?" Very cool and funny. Just wanted to let people know! :D I thought that was a fucking great moment, specially if you are a Metallica fan and I think when someone knows Larry and Adam’s names that means that someone must be more than a casual fan. Kick ass. :)

I saw that and was impressed.
I don't know if it's just name dropping though.
I mean, do metallica sit around and listen to u2 records?
maybe they do, but probably they just have very high respect for u2 as a veteran rock band who's still on top of their game; a game they play better than anyone.

p.s. an interseting movie that was; I'm not a fan, but it was revealing.

I also loved the moment when they say to the bass player that they're gonna give him $1million just to hold him to playing in metallica, kinda of as a hiring bonus.

Those guys have mega bucks.

It's a shame I can't stand metallica; so many people seem to love them.

JOFO said:
I saw that and was impressed.
I don't know if it's just name dropping though.
I mean, do metallica sit around and listen to u2 records?

They do. They are all fans. I know of other moments when they talked about U2. And Lars has said that AB is one of his favorite rock records. :hyper:

Lars said in a recent interview that the "Bomb" was in his CD player at the moment. I know Lars has been a long time fan.

Bono: "yeah... you know... we wrote ONE in 1989... but Lars came one day and said he wanted to do the song... we couldn't say no... but the we had to RE- MAKE a song... that's how ONE appeared in 91" :bono:

:|

learn2kneel said:
One of the California shows, he was air drumming to Bullet the Blue Sky, I heard

I'm pretty sure Metallica have covered BTBS at some concert. Don't ask me where, cos that's the only Metallica thing i know.:slant:

I do like their fans though.:wink:

Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

I know of other moments when they talked about U2.

Exactly right !!
I remember Metallica being interviewed by Rebecca Rankin at the My VH-1 Music Awards in Los Angeles at the Shrine Auditorium back in 2001 ... and how Lars said he was definitely looking forward to seeing U2's performance .... and U2 gave one hell of a performance of "Beautiful Day" indeed !! :drool:

Meghan said:

I'm pretty sure Metallica have covered BTBS at some concert. Don't ask me where, cos that's the only Metallica thing i know.:slant:

Really? I have never heard of that. I know that Sepultura covered Bullet and played it live many times but I dont think Metallica has covered BTBS. I'll check on it though. :up:

haha

yeah!

my two favourite bands as well.. it's kind of surprising in a way to see that many fans having both bands at the top of their lists

granted, I like U2 a lot more, but Metallica is #2

and I've had Some Kind of Monster sitting on my shelf for a month and really haven't taken the time to watch it, and now I have a reason to! :D

Back
Top Bottom