U2 on SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 2000, I went to get a pizza and made it home just in time for SNL. Bono's voice was so sore and it showed during "Beautiful Day". But sore voice or not, he made "Elevation" come alive - and I think that set the tone for the album throughout the winter and into the start of the tour.

It's interesting to think that years ago, U2 never did such things in the U.S. And I always found this odd. Part of me felt initially that maybe after JT they were "too big" to do shows like SNL. But then, they'd appear on plenty of shows in Ireland and the U.K. So it was odd that they hadn't appeared on SNL - as so many VERY famous artists had. I'm glad U2's now doing these types of programs in the U.S. I'm sure Letterman and Leno will be forthcoming. :yes:

What a prefect time to be doing SNL. The weekend before the big release. Well, Vertigo will be the obvious one, but the real question is - what will be the other one? Poll time anyone?

Roland of Gilead said:
What a prefect time to be doing SNL. The weekend before the big release. Well, Vertigo will be the obvious one, but the real question is - what will be the other one? Poll time anyone?

I really hope it's ABOY. They'll really be able to rock out on SNL.

I saw the following on @U2.com

NEW @U2 MARKETING BLITZ ON THE WAY
October 18, 2004
posted by: m2
The Apple / U2 commercial really is just the beginning. And not just the beginning of U2 and Apple marketing together, but the beginning of what is looking like the most far-reaching album marketing blitz U2 has ever been involved with. Here are some details from a reliable source about what's coming soon:

live performance on Saturday Night Live, November 20th
four new songs to be featured on the CBS TV show "CSI"; one song per show on Oct. 21, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, and Nov. 25
Spin magazine cover story, December
Guitar World cover story (date TBA)
additional features in TIME magazine, Vanity Fair, and USA Today

yeah it will probably be ABOY, i'm really betting that ABOY = second single.. they'll want to put out the rocking catchy songs which say "hey look we're still here, we still got something to give, and we're not dinosaurs.. yet", before they get into the deeper songs.. COBL, SYCMIOYO, and at least one more will probably be the later singles

since they'll be in new york maybe they'll play COBL?? but then again last time they didn't play new york so oh well.

it's no big deal.

I am going to buy it...I want to read about the gear for the new album! :drool:

This album will be pushed HARD, because it's that GOOD!!!! And yes U2's appearance on SNL in 2000 was amazing. A performance that brought goose bumps to me as I watched Bono leave the stage and run around the SNL studios. Amazing!!!

I lived in Erie, PA for a few years. I went to Gannon U until I transferred to a bigger school. I liked that place, except for the enormous amount of snow. Is Sherlock's still open? They used to have some decent bands there.

drkats said:
I lived in Erie, PA for a few years. I went to Gannon U until I transferred to a bigger school. I liked that place, except for the enormous amount of snow. Is Sherlock's still open? They used to have some decent bands there.

Boy Erie is popular today!

Yes, Sherlock's is still open. Don't know about the decent bands. I'm a Docksider's girl if I do go out, they have the decent bands.

ENORMOUS amounts of snow! YEP thats Erie! brr! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom