U2 on Smallville.....again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
last time it was elevation and this time they played Beautiful Day on the show

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I saw a rerun of a Cheers episode from 1987 on Nick At Nite, the other night. A character on the show was asked what bands she liked and she said "U2.. Thompson Twins".

I kind of chuckled.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Ah! I love random mentions of U2 on TV shows!

Has anyone seen the Saved By the Bell episode where they are all trying to get U2 tickets??!
tongue.gif

I was a lil tyke back then and still in my *cough*NKOTB stage*cough* and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why people as cool as Kelly, Zack, and Lisa wanted to see a dumb "heavy metal band" like U2. (Yeah...I was rather clueless back then.
rolleyes.gif
)

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 03-19-2002).]

I remember that SBTB episode.

I remember the Rattle and Hum poster in the John Goodman movie "King Ralph"

I remember seeing some teen show on Nickelodean back in 1991 and a character on the show emptied out her purse on a table and a Rattle and Hum casette came out.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

There was a re-run episode of "Friends" the other day in which Ross and Rachel were having a big fight. At the end, Ross was dancing at some bar with some chick and the music was 'With Or Without You' while you see Rachel at home all sad. I think it continued on over the credits as well. lol.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
There was a re-run episode of "Friends" the other day in which Ross and Rachel were having a big fight. At the end, Ross was dancing at some bar with some chick and the music was 'With Or Without You' while you see Rachel at home all sad. I think it continued on over the credits as well. lol.

I've seen that one too, sula! I think that "With or Without You" is Ross and Rachel's theme song based on just the sheer number of times the song has been featured on the show. They've only played it like a ba-jillion times!! (Well, maybe not *that* many times...
wink.gif
)

With Or Without You was used on a 1990 episode of 21 Jump Street. The late 80's hit cop show that was on FOX and starred none other than Johnny Depp.

------------------

Originally posted by david:
With Or Without You was used on a 1990 episode of 21 Jump Street. The late 80's hit cop show that was on FOX and starred none other than Johnny Depp.

Ooooh that reminds me, Bono did P/A for Amnesty Int'l right after a 21 Jump street episode.
I have that on tape somewhere.

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
Ooooh that reminds me, Bono did P/A for Amnesty Int'l right after a 21 Jump street episode.
I have that on tape somewhere.

wow i bet that is pretty rare.

------------------

There was a movie that came out in 97-98(??) called "the first to go" (??) or such and it was about these group of guy friends that all were early-mid 20somethings and one was gonna get married, and all his 'boys' were trying their damndest to stop the wedding. One of them finally tells the guy that his fiance had a one night stand with "BONO OF U2". LOL. To which he replied (not a quote) "well thats okay, Bono has always been one of my heroes"-pretty funny part htere.

Back
Top Bottom