U2 on Muzak!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember working in retail in the early 90's and hearing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on Muzak. This was probably right after Cobain died.

At that point, I knew nothing was immune to it. :)

I've heard "Don't Fear the reaper" on the hospital's Muzak:huh:
I've heard City of blinding lights and I still haven't found what I'm Looking for in terms of U2 songs

nurse chrissi said:
I've heard "Don't Fear the reaper" on the hospital's Muzak:huh:
I've heard City of blinding lights and I still haven't found what I'm Looking for in terms of U2 songs

Ha!!! I just heard that one the other day! Luckily we just got a new disc and that one has the U2 on it. :)

Guys, guys, guys -- muzak U2 is NOT a good thing. It's like that dreadful "LSO does the music of U2" CD that came out a couple of years ago. You don't know what bleeding from the ears is until you've heard a "classical" version of Even Better Than the Real Thing.

Muzak is actually just a system for playing the music. It can play a DVD worth of music so you can have just one disc play a bunch of songs all day with little or no repeats. The U2 I heard was the actual song, not the elevator muzak style.

hell I have a bluegrass album of U2 songs and I like it.

I also have a symphonic U2 album, maybe even the one you speak of, and it is a little too much to take. :)

nathan1977 said:
Guys, guys, guys -- muzak U2 is NOT a good thing. It's like that dreadful "LSO does the music of U2" CD that came out a couple of years ago. You don't know what bleeding from the ears is until you've heard a "classical" version of Even Better Than the Real Thing.

We're talking about hearing the actual songs , not the elevator music crap. :)

I know what you're talking about though. hell I have a ringtone of classical Stuck in a Moment and something is wrong with my phone and I can't change it. :no: :crazy:

The Muzak at my work plays both Crumbs and City of Blinding Lights.

And yes, I sit at my desk and sing when I hear them. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom