U2 on Mr. Deeds soundtrack.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
Just interrupting my vacation from the Forum to inform everyone of news that I don't *think* anyone else has noticed.

Yesterday, I saw the commercial to "Mr. Deeds," the latest Adam Sandler comedy. At the end of the ad, it clearly said U2 would be on the soundtrack.

Checking the official site, one notices the following announcement: "Soundtrack available on RCA Records on June 11 featuring Dave Matthews Band, U2, Counting Crows & more..."

(DMB gets top-billing over U2? Odd, but if it's a new song for DMB, a song that's released as a single for the soundtrack, it makes sense.)

Since we've heard nothing about recording new material for THIS soundtrack (while we HAVE heard things about the Gangs of New York soundtrack) I suspect they're just using an old U2 song, probably something like "Sweetest Thing." Unfortunately, I was unable to find any soundtrack listing to confirm my theories.

The movie itself premieres on June 28th, the same day as Minority Report and a week before Men in Black II.

But none of these films feature lightsaber-weilding Jedi Knights, so what does it matter?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 04-22-2002).]

From Amazon.com:

Track Listings 1. Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band
2. Sing - Travis
3. Let My Love Open The Door - Pete Townshend
4. Sweetest Thing - U2
5. Wrong Impression - Natalie Imbruglia
6. Happy In The Meantime (remix) - Lit
7. Island In The Sun - Weezer
8. Friends & Family - Trik Turner
9. Space Oddity - Adam Sandler & David Bowie
10. Falling - Ben Kweller
11. Go To Town - Counting Crows
12. I've Seen All Good People - Yes

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Originally posted by sharky:
I said the same thing.

I didn't. But I did rearrange my face in a manner to indicate surprise and slight confusion.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
I suspect they're just using an old U2 song, probably something like "Sweetest Thing." Unfortunately, I was unable to find any soundtrack listing to confirm my theories.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
4. Sweetest Thing - U2

Damn, I'm good.
biggrin.gif

Also between U2, Pete, and a rather catchy (albeit throwaway) Natalie Imbruglia song, it actually appears to be a decent soundtrack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom