U2 on Headphones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a rule, for me atleast, I don't buy in-ear headphones. Mainly because of the problems and frustration I have with them already mentioned by other people in this thread. The ones I use just cup around my ears, they are light as well, and they automatically stretch to fit any head size. They looks a bit odd, but I promise you they provide top notch audio and comfort.

Here is a link to a picture of the headphones:

http://www.icemat.com/products/icematsiberia/icemat_siberia_headset

Sorry to go completely off-topic here, but are you from Georgia, CherokeeRose? You're named after our state flower. :wink:

U2opra said:
As a rule, for me atleast, I don't buy in-ear headphones. Mainly because of the problems and frustration I have with them already mentioned by other people in this thread. The ones I use just cup around my ears, they are light as well, and they automatically stretch to fit any head size. They looks a bit odd, but I promise you they provide top notch audio and comfort.

Here is a link to a picture of the headphones:

http://www.icemat.com/products/icematsiberia/icemat_siberia_headset

The problem with something like that is I need something I can wear at work. I'm a janitor. If I walk around the building like that I'll look seriously goofy.

greenlight7-11 said:

I also would recommend Sennheiser headphones to anyone who wants a pair for home listening. Entry level Sennheisers can be had for as low as $25 or so.

I agree. I can't stand the feeling of the in ear thingies, so I got the Sennheiser PX100s (which weren't expensive) in addition to a set of HD455s (also Sennheiser). They both sound heavenly! I really didn't expect the music to sound that much better with good headphones, but it really, really does! Any decent music should be listened to with good headphones. :yes:

I can't stand earbuds and I have no idea how anyone can. The sound quality is TERRIBLE. I have studio headphones which wrap around the entire ear. The best, of course, are Bose.

Today I ordered some Sennheiser PX100s that should be here in the mail within a few days. Hopefully they'll be better than my Sony earbuds.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I highly recommend Shure earphones. I have E-3's and they are incredible.. its truly worth the money. They are not cheap but I managed to get mine thru ebay at about 90 dollars less then what they sell for in the stores. I have had sony's and they aren't bad but the problem with those is the the wires are so thin that not too long (a year) the plastic covering wore off and exposed the wires inside. This happened to my hubby too he had the same pair. Even though they are less expensive than the shures I end up paying more cuz I am going thru them faster. The Shures plastic coating on the wires very thick and will not wear down like the sony's. The sound is amazing too boot.. It's a great investment.. trust me..

Yes, I have to agree. I have the E3c Sound Isolating Earphones. They retail for $199.00, but I managed to get them for $90.00 at Best Buy. They are truely the best purchase you can ever make when it comes to listening to music. I'll never go back to cheapo earphones.
they come with diferent sized sleeves for a better fit

Bose TriPort On-Ear phones are awesome. The fit provides enough coverage to adequately block out background sound without having to use electronic interference, they're so light and comfortable and they sound great. For on the go I have a pair of Jbuds earbuds which you can find on Amazon for like $20, they're bass is not great but they're retty good for cheap buds.

powerhour24 said:
Bose TriPort On-Ear phones are awesome. The fit provides enough coverage to adequately block out background sound without having to use electronic interference, they're so light and comfortable and they sound great.

That's what I have. :up: I highly recommend.

gherman said:
The original Gone is great on headphones... esp. after smoking some bud:ohmy:

I listened to Zooropa on headphones while blitzed last night... yeah, some songs are definitely better than others when you're in that state, and Zooropa was just awesome.:drool:

The best sounding headphones you can get for listening at home are made by Grado. They have the SR 60 that sells for about $65-70 and the SR 80 that sells for around $95. The sound you get from them is amazing.

The drawbacks to them are they don't cancel out sound to anyone that is in the room with you, but for at use at home when you're alone, these can't really be topped for their price. I use the SR 80s which have a little bit more detail to them, though some say the SR 60s have a little more warmer sound to them.

The cd that I actually used to test them in teh store when I bought my first pair was Achtung Baby, because of all the intricate sounds in the mix on that album. I tried Zoo Station on both of those Grado pairs, as well as other headphones in the store and I was sold on these being the best headphones out there at a reasonable price.

Here's their website for more info: http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

I don't use an Ipod and rarely use my portable cd player, so I can't recommend what is best for use outside the house.

Back
Top Bottom