U2 on Headphones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoIsMyMuse said:
I recently stopped using my iPod earbuds and got a pair of noise-reduction earbuds made by JVC. I'd love to get the Bose ones someday, but they're not affordable for me right now. The JVC ones were $25, and they've made my iPod sound so much better. I find that I play my music at a much lower volume but can still hear the songs so much more clearly. I wonder how much I've damaged my hearing by blasting my iPod through the old earbuds :crack:

iPod earbuds are so awful. It's ridiculous, actually. You pay so much for the iPod itself, and then they go and equip it with the shittiest earbuds available. My iPod earbuds fizzed out within two months. I should have thrown them out long before then.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I recently stopped using my iPod earbuds and got a pair of noise-reduction earbuds made by JVC. I'd love to get the Bose ones someday, but they're not affordable for me right now. The JVC ones were $25, and they've made my iPod sound so much better. I find that I play my music at a much lower volume but can still hear the songs so much more clearly. I wonder how much I've damaged my hearing by blasting my iPod through the old earbuds :crack:

Are those JVC ones pretty widely available? I just got a Target giftcard as a bonus at work, so I'm going there to hopefully find a decent pair of earbuds to replace my Apple ones (again).

I'd love to get a set of Bose, but can't afford to spend $100+ up headphones right now. :reject:

I got them at Circuit City. The earbuds are about the size of earplugs, and I got the blue ones, though I think they come in a few other colors. If you can't find that brand, try to find any brand of noise reduction ones. They fit farther in your ears, so they block out background noise and enable you to hear more at a lower volume.

I have an iPod shuffle (the clip) since.. about 2-3 months...

and I've seen the older headphones, for the regular iPod, and the new one, the ones that came with my shuffle, are GREAT.. today I heard (while leaving my house) that Bono says "one more" around the end of One Tree Hill on the New Year's Eve show... I NEVER HEARD THAT!!!

I HATE those things that you wrap around your ear... it looks stupid

EC.JVC.HAFX33A.JPG

These are the ones I have. They're currently on sale, too, for only $14.99 at Circuit City. I'm sure they won't last that long compared to the nicer ones, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of them in just a few months.

Until I heard HTDAAB on good headphones, I never realized Bono says "turn it up loud, captain" at the start of Vertigo. I always could tell he was saying something, but I could never figure out what it was.

I still try not to listen to headphones for long periods of time, but when I want clarity, they're what I go for.

I have Shure E2C earphones!!!!:drool: And the best song is "Where The Streets Have No Name" from "Go Home Live From Slane Castle."

BonoIsMyMuse said:
EC.JVC.HAFX33A.JPG

These are the ones I have. They're currently on sale, too, for only $14.99 at Circuit City. I'm sure they won't last that long compared to the nicer ones, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of them in just a few months.

Until I heard HTDAAB on good headphones, I never realized Bono says "turn it up loud, captain" at the start of Vertigo. I always could tell he was saying something, but I could never figure out what it was.

I still try not to listen to headphones for long periods of time, but when I want clarity, they're what I go for.

sweet, thank you for posting that! I'm going to have to go to Circuit City, those are in my price range and they have got to be better than the apple ones. :up:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
EC.JVC.HAFX33A.JPG

how is the bass sound on those? I know that the smaller ones, such as the infamous Itunes phones, don't have that great of quality.

I remember the first time I listened to the Joshua Tree on a decent set of headphones, after years listening to it on a dodgy tape recorder, it opened up a whole new world.

GibsonGirl said:
I don't know how people manage to listen to music WITHOUT headphones. It's just inconceivable to me. You miss out on so much if you listen to it on computer / car speakers. The only way I can listen to music without headphones is if I've got a good hi-fi system set up and cranked to a high volume.

By the way, Bose headphones are fantastic.
Agreed. Although, I do listen to music in the car because I hate driving without it.

I also would recommend Sennheiser headphones to anyone who wants a pair for home listening. Entry level Sennheisers can be had for as low as $25 or so.

Last edited:
Personally i use headphones to listen to music and speakers to hear music.

I use an el cheapo pair of headphones i got from JB Hi Fi and they work great. I'm quite thrifty with headphones because with me they tend to cop a bit of a hiding. I've used these on rainy nights at football games and they've always backed up well.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004853

Except i use the 450.

coolian2 said:
Personally i use headphones to listen to music and speakers to hear music.

I use an el cheapo pair of headphones i got from JB Hi Fi and they work great. I'm quite thrifty with headphones because with me they tend to cop a bit of a hiding. I've used these on rainy nights at football games and they've always backed up well.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004853

Except i use the 450.

yes, hi treble hurts my ears though. my ears are sensitive.

struckpx said:

how is the bass sound on those? I know that the smaller ones, such as the infamous Itunes phones, don't have that great of quality.

It's noticeably better than the iPod headphones. I've never used high-end headphones, so I don't have anything better to compare them to, but I'm happy with them. I like a lot of bass in my music, so I keep my iPod on the Bass Booster equalizer setting most of the time.

I have a pair of Sony earbuds that sound great, but the cord is super annoying. It's too short without the attachment, and with the attachment, it's WAY too long. Plus, the left ear's cord is really short, which I don't understand. Why aren't they the same length?

If they didn't sound so good, I would have ditched those a long time ago.

They sound like my sony in ear phones. dunno why it is in two pieces, as most know,the more breaks in continuity you have, you loose strength and quality in signal!
The reason behind one phone lead being longer is.........the left goes in your ear.......the right earphone then goes BEHIND your neck and in the ear. Hope that helps

Why would I want the right earphone to go behind my neck? I don't understand the benefit of that.

I pulled them out of my purse to check it out. So it eliminates having the cord hanging in front of my torso and getting caught on stuff, I guess. But I'm still left with that leftover 15 miles of wire. :grumpy:

If I want to share with a friend, I have a dual plug thingy, so both people can plug their headphones into the jack on the iPod. It's a nice thing.

I use icemat siberias, they are awesome! Plus, an X-Fi extreme music sound card, and a SRS audio sandbox plug-in.

speaking of catching things you miss with headphones, on if god would send his angels, if you listen at the very end, you can hear bono continuing lyrics that are barely audible.

kinda cool

Music on headphones = :drool:

I've got a pair of panasonic earphones that I've carried across from an old cassette walkman to my mp3 player, cos they stay in my ears and don't have that crappy foam cover... they have served me well for many years.

At home, I have a pair of headphones that cover my whole ears... I can't remember the brand, but they were probably $20 or $30 - not exactly high-end, but they sound sooooo good. I use them when practising bass while my housemates are asleep, too :wink:
It is indeed amazing how much detail you pick up on headphones, especially if you crank the volume on albums like Pop and Passengers. :drool: :drool:

Hadn't noticed extra lyrics at the end of IGWSHA... but then it's one of those songs I didn't used to listen to much. Must try this... :up:

Last edited:
Anything by Sony or Phillips is just unacceptable. Those things are pure crap if you ask me. Never buy any headphones from these guys. The sound is crappy, then they break. That's basically how it goes.

gman said:
They sound like my sony in ear phones. dunno why it is in two pieces, as most know,the more breaks in continuity you have, you loose strength and quality in signal!
The reason behind one phone lead being longer is.........the left goes in your ear.......the right earphone then goes BEHIND your neck and in the ear. Hope that helps

That sounds absolutely retarded, let alone uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom