U2: Old, Crusty, Soon To Be Geriatric Rockers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm SO happy that U2 has stayed together for over 20 years and keeps making great albums, never tiring of giving their best to their fans in show after show.

The idea that age now makes them undesirable is pathetic and shows that certain media personalities will never allow that U2 has established themselves as an all-time great band. They are missing the point of U2, which is to let music create a community that can demonstrate love and respect.

U2 can only get better and better!

wow america sounds pretty ageist!

here in england they don't really care how old people are or even if they are human or not (thank you bob the builder)... they just want some decent music!

Anyway when have U2 ever EVER said or aimed for their music to be catering for people under the age of 16? They've always been old in the head!

Could we have the e-mail address for the radio station? Phone number? I think there are a lot of people here who would like to respond.

I know what you mean. I'm sick of people saying that U2's bad cos "aren't they a little old now?" So fucking what if they're old? That means they're getting better and more polished, not like the young acts these days. Fools.

foray

Originally posted by STING:
Could we have the e-mail address for the radio station? Phone number? I think there are a lot of people here who would like to respond.

Since this information is available to the public, I don't mind sharing it here. I am going to email them myself in a bit.

The main web site is http://www.wiog.com

The morning show is Total Demas AM. When I called, I spoke with Demas (Demas@wiog.com) and Lacey (Lacey@wiog.com).

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 09-09-2001).]

Commments like that are completely uncalled for. Why is it that U2 gets singled out in that way? Good point about Aerosmith- so many young kids are really into Aerosmith & they don't make an issue of their age. Nobody does this to Bon Jovi, either! And I've lost count of how many women of all ages think actors like Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson & Harrison Ford are "SO SEXY" without any regard to their ages. On the flip side, women like Heather Locklear & Madonna in their 40s are considered cool for being more mature in age & still doing their thing (or shaking their thing, as the case may be)and having kids/raising a family. Mick Jagger & Rod Stewart still get the YOUNG model babes and it's all good. It really seems like U2 are unfairly picked on for some reason or another all the time. It's like there is some sort of limit as to how much praise the media give give them and then it's back to kicking them around again. WTF???

boid.gif

Screw them...

Change the channel.....

Well another "old" chick weighing in...

I think U2 attracts those comments because they don't act like a bunch of idiots. None of them are in rehab, covered with tattoos, spitting on audience members (well... Bono did I guess but...) having pictures taken with bleary eyed drug induced hangovers, etc. They act, for the most part, like what they are - mostly married parents who care deeply about the world and their families, and their fans, and the kind of music they're making.

Frankly, I doubt they really care too much about the "old" comments as long as the records and tours keep on selling. (Oh yes, Larry - and the t-shirts). I know I wouldn't.

I do think it is ironic, though - in what other profession would someone who is 40 be reffered to as "Old, Crusty, Soon to be Geriatric", especially men? In my business, a 40 year old guy is still considered young. Even in film, you are in your prime at 40. Why is this such an issue in music? Particularly in the US - I guess it's 'cause we just have Justin Timberlake and Fred Durst and EMINEM crammed down our throats - I do wish the music industry would wake up and notice how many people are just dying for good tunes.

Oh well, that's just my bit - I don't really care what a couple of DJs think. This is my music - and I'm sticking to it!
smile.gif

<----- from another Old, Crusty, Soon to be Geriatric Rocker.
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

You're right, Crzy! Good points! Besides, the members of U2 are much better looking than that slob Durst or that weenie Timberlake or that jerk Eminem. Hell, even Paul McGuiness is!
biggrin.gif

I like this quote, it may be paraphrased a bit but this is the general idea:
"You want to see things get really interesting in the media? Be a rock and roll star and outlive your pre-determined 'expiration date!'" (Smiles)
smile.gif

--Steven Tyler, Aerosmith

------------------
"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage."

RING AND TELL THAT OL' MUDDAFUCKA AT THE RADIO STATION THAT LITTLE MADDIE FROM INTERFERENCE IS WELL PISSED AND WILL BE STRAIGHT DOWN IF THERE NO APOLOGY......AND I WILL FECKIN MAKE HIM REGRET EVEN MORE IF HE DOESNT BOTHER AS HE WILL RESPECT THAT BONO WILL HAVE TWO BIG BALLS AND HE WONT HAVE NONE CAUSE I'LL HAVE RIPPED THEM RIGHT OFF AND STUFF THEM SO FAR UP HIS ARSE, HE WONT BE ABLE TO SHIT FOR WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR FECK SAKE

FECKIN RADIO WONGLES!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 09-10-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom