U2 needs to write more SEX songs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I'd also have to include Mysterious Ways and Even Better Than The Real Thing, even though I know that both of them have alternate meanings - but meaning is in the eye of the beholder, and they both scream sex to me.

They're both about sex. Even the 'alternate' meaning of Mysterious Ways, ie bringing in the spiritual, is still about sex.

shaun vox said:
at least half songs have to be about sex!(on the next album)
I'm tired of all this love, peace and heart shtick!!

SEX SEX AND MORE SEX U2!!!

turn it up!!!:drool: and edge play that fucking guitar man!!
its about time you turn that mother up!!
you bored us with your last two albums now make it up!!

:rockon: :rockon:

If you want the sexy side of U2, you're listening to the wrong instruments. ;)

You gotta go the rhythm section, especially the bass.

Q: If a Martian landed and asked what you do for a living what would you say?

AC: "I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a wire on which it vibrates."

"It's in the rhythm section that U2 finds it's hips." --The Boss.

I know the lyrics don't fit.... but the music of Love is blindness is the best during sex..... try it!
Also the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack is pretty much the best album during which I had sex..... :drool:

thrillme said:

If you want the sexy side of U2, you're listening to the wrong instruments. ;)

You gotta go the rhythm section, especially the bass.

Q: If a Martian landed and asked what you do for a living what would you say?

AC: "I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a wire on which it vibrates."

"It's in the rhythm section that U2 finds it's hips." --The Boss.

:up: Right on
I think "Fast Cars" is kind of a sexy song too. Also "A Man and a Woman" seems to have some sexiness to it.

Earnie Shavers said:

They're both about sex. Even the 'alternate' meaning of Mysterious Ways, ie bringing in the spiritual, is still about sex.

I get that, and agree. Sex is spiritual. However, I've also seen people of the religious sort argue vehemently against that interpretation. Whatever floats their boats, I guess. :shrug:

shaun vox said:
you bored us with your last two albums now make it up!!

Yes - because when I listen to the "roaring" guitars on UF, JT and R&H all I think of is sex.

Wait... no I don't.

In fact, the only album remotely "sexy" is AB. Wow... one album out of 14. Yep - a regular sex machine those boys are.

First time posting - felt I absolutely must to this thread because I have been having the exact same thought! More songs about sex! Please! The boys have got it going on and they need to show it! My fave sex song is Spanish Eyes - I listen to it over and over - drives me crazy... Bono crazy... ! :drool:

Okay, for some reason I've NEVER thought of TTYW as a sexual song. And I have a pretty dirty mind....but I guess I'm missing something.

I think Salome is extremely sexy, one of my favourites actually. That and Do You Feel Loved. :combust:

doctorwho said:
In fact, the only album remotely "sexy" is AB. Wow... one album out of 14. Yep - a regular sex machine those boys are.
You can't forget Pop. Do You Feel Loved has the sexiest bassline EVER. I fell in love with Adam while listening to that song drunk one night. Before that I was mostly a Bono girl.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks Miami is sexy. Getting hot in a photo booth... :combust:

Though I don't think anybody's mentioned Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car yet, amazing bassline in that one :drool:

Re: Re: U2 needs to write more SEX songs!!

doctorwho said:

:scratch:

List of U2 songs that are sexy:

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Do You Feel Loved
Night And Day
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Lady With The Spinning Head
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
Fast Cars
The Unforgettable Fire
Promenade
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Love Is Blindness
Deep In The Heart
Your Blue Room

.. and probably more.

Most U2 is v sexual to me and always has been!!!! :combust:

I mean i think the first time it occured to me back in '83 was when i listened to Party girl :ohmy: i was like oh, that's got something very naughty about it&i guess that's the same time the Bono lust began, along with watching RedRocks, ahem :macdevil: :faint: :combust:

I mean, his close-ups on that are utterly mesmerising for some reason :shifty:

All the usual suspects everyone have mentioned i agree with&my personal favs are Your blue room, Velvet dress, Holy Joe, Real thing, End of the world, The fly&In a little while is so erotic me thinks!

Back
Top Bottom