U2 needs more albums&songs to fill up best of 2000-2010!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that's a cop out. ATYCLB only had 2 songs on BO90-2000 so they need to have at least "Elevation" & "Walk On" on the new compilation.

i don't think walk on shoud be on thw best of 2000-2010
so far it ahould be
vertigo
city of blinding lights
mercy
fast cars
elevation
kite(?)
love and peace or else
origanal of the species

and stuff on the next album (unless it's hiphop) then they're in truble with this

Just because OOTS didn't chart doesn't mean it shouldn't be on. No one could buy OOTS as a single so how could it chart? However people around me are saying they love the song. It should be on, it's the best damn song on the album.

all_i_want said:
i like Kite, it wasnt really a hit. neither were ABOY or OOTS. i think they need to go away

All Because of You was #4 in the Uk, #1 in Canada, #8 in the Netherlands, and #13 in Norway. It wasn't a huge hit but is worthy to be on the next Best Of disc.

I think a song like LAPOE will make the cut. The reaction it's gotten from the live performance will be enough for the band to add it I think. UTEOTW made the 90-00 disc and it wasn't a single.(was it? I don't think so) Maybe this is also where a proper studio version of Mercy will show up.

Last edited:
Hallucination said:
I think a song like LAPOE will make the cut. The reaction it's gotten from the live performance will be enough for the band to add it I think. UTEOTW made the 90-00 disc and it wasn't a single.(was it? I don't think so) Maybe this is also where a proper studio version of Mercy will show up.

Gone wasn't a single, either.

OOTS will definatley be on it.....remember the iPod video commercial?

Hopefully, we'll get at least 2 more albums before another comp. I know U2 has it in them!

:up:

all_i_want said:
ok, so we got 2 albums in 6 years, that makes 22 songs and about 10 singles. Best of 1990-2000 had 3.5 + 0.5 (passengers) albums in it. achtung had 6 singles, 2 from ATYCLB, 5 from POP and 3-4 from zooropa, as well as 2 others from passengers. its been, by anyone's standards a more productive decade for the band compared to the 2000s. now, can they squeeze in 2 albums in the next 4 years to have a worthy best of 2000-2010?

cause the way things are, the only singles that deserve to be on the disc are: (although they are all very nice and everything)

walk on
stuck (was this on 1990-2000) ?
kite

vertigo
sometimes
cobl
aboy
(oots didnt really chart anywhere)

so, thats like 7 songs. and they dont really mesh together so coherently either. they need an awful lot more to have a coherent and sensible disc that can capture the spirit of the decade.

for all these reasons...

they gotta release something on 2008 and something else on 2010!!!

uhhh.. badly!

the last singles released from the 2010 album can be included on the best of 2010-2020.:drool:

Remember, they don't have to put out the 3rd best of in 2010. They could wait another 10 years until there is more material. We may eventually get a Best Of 2000-2020.

' Dont come knocking ' anyone ? maybe the future james bond soundtrack ? mercy for sure will be on there i think ( they will release it as a single to sell the album )

From ATYCLB
Elevation, Walk On, Kite

From HTDAAB
Vertigo, COBL, ABOY, OOTS, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE/Fast Cars

That is 9-10 songs, meaning they need another 8-10. say 5 from the next album, a bonus track and half of the nextnext album and you are there.

At this point in 1996, they only had Achtung & Zooropa to play with and the latter was far less greatest hits friendly than Bomb.

mikal said:

i pretty much assume that when the band calls it quits, over the next 20-30 years, we'll be seeing many different compilations, maybe including a couple of live shows, and maybe rare material. it seems to be the case with every other huge band in the history of rock & roll.

Yes, the flood gates will open...

I personally believe we'll see two more albums released before the next best of. The way I see it is this:

1. Vertigo
2. Elevation
3. COBL
4. New Album 2007 song #1
5. Best of-only song #1
6. SYCMIOYO
7. Kite/OOTS
8. New Album 2010 song #1
9. Best of-only song #2
10. ABOY
11. New Album 2007 song #2
12. New Album 2010 song #2
13. New Album 2010 song #3
14. New Album 2007 song #3
15. Walk On

The second disc will be demos and remixes.

So there you go. Looking at it this way, it is very possible that 3 1/2 or 4 albums will be included.

Back
Top Bottom