U2 Music at Weddings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quinthopper

Babyface
Greetings everyone! My wedding day is fast approaching and I'm planning to have played at the reception dance some of the following songs:

All I Want Is You (First Dance)
Miss Sarajevo
Night and Day

Anyone have any experience if these songs will work? Thanks alot in advance as I know these topics have been discussed before on this board!

and when everyone is drunk and all :drunk:
"dancing barefoot" (I do that when I am drunk)
and very last song :D
"trying to throw your arms around the world" ;)

I started a "Love Rescue Me" trend. :)

I don't know if I'd have "Miss Sarajevo" at a wedding. Kinda depressing. What about "Promenade" or "The First Time" instead?

Our wedding song was "All I Want Is You" and it worked out great, but it would be nice if you could skip the end with Bono wailing bc it seemed to be a bit much and there were some strange looks, but what do I give a sh:censored: it was great bc it's personal you know!

An obvious choice wud be With or Without you - That gives me shivers always - very romantic song. Would melt the stoniest of hearts.

Then there's who's gonna ride your wild horses (temple bar remix) - might not be the right atmosphere, but very sweet song, and romantic if u listen 2 the lyrics. Depends what mood your going for I guess.

If you want something more upbeat - When loves gomes to town - v cool + sexy. Or the complete opposite - Luminous Times

If u wanna confuse the hell out of people, you could play Numb - I'd pay to see the looks on their faces!

We had AIWIY as one of our first songs - it worked out well that it is so long since we had 7 couples and 2 ushers to intro! WOWY is another good choice :)

I think All I Want is You would be a good choice. I'm not sure about the other two, but I say go with AIWIY! It's a great song and sweet too.

Oh, and congrats on your wedding! :D

I don't think WOWY would be an appropriate song for a wedding. It's not exactly a "happy" love song, after all. But I think Luminous Times would be a wonderful choice. If I ever get married I would want that to be my "first dance" song at the reception.

I think Beautiful Day would be fun. That's what we listened to in the car right after our ceremony. :D

We had All I want is You, Frank and Bono's Got You Under My Skin, and Night and Day played at our reception...and the bridesmaids walked down the aisle to our pianist playing October.

Bono singing Can't Help Falling in Love from the Honeymoon in Vegas soundtrack :yes:

Wanted this one as the first dance at my wedding (hubby veto'd it) since the video for AIWIY left me with such a bittersweet impression of the song...I really wish Bono didn't hate love songs so much!

Bono's shades said:
I don't think WOWY would be an appropriate song for a wedding. It's not exactly a "happy" love song, after all. But I think Luminous Times would be a wonderful choice. If I ever get married I would want that to be my "first dance" song at the reception.

i would have to disagree with luminous times as a wedding song.
there is this line (that i absolutely love) that says "i love u cuz i need to, not because i need u..." although it does souond appropriate when it says "i love u cuz i understand that god has given me your hand." great song....as a matter of fact, im going to go hear it right now :yes:

Mine would be..
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Electrical Storm..
Trip Through You Wires
Unforgettable Fire

Off with the Horns..
On with the show..

~MacPhisto~

I'm with Saracene in that U2 doesn't create your typical, unilateral love songs. "With or Without You" is about how you love someone, but can't stand being around them and"All I Want Is You" is about loving someone unconditionally who, in turn is more concerned with diamonds, rings of gold, and other material objects.

Miss Sarajevo is depressing, but if you ignore the lyrics you'll be fine.

My choices mirror all the covers that were mentioned earlier. "Night and Day", "Can't Help Falling in Love", "I've Got You Under My Skin". I would also add, "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Wild Honey", "Grace", "Hawkmoon 269" based solely on their underlying meaning.

Good luck with the ceremony and reception. I'm happy you've found love. :)

night and day is such a creepy love song. it has pretty cool lyrics but the music is just haunting. :ohmy:
is it a cover? who did they cover it from?
i would say chose WOWY, One, or Cant Help Faliing in Love, this last one would be my personal choice.

...oh yeah Congrats on the Wedding.

Back
Top Bottom