u2 makes a video on mtv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dano

The Fly
Where is it? I thought they were supposed to play a special about them making the vertigo video some time tonight? I'm confused and frustrated because I went to MTV.com and can't find anything regarding such a program. Can you guys fill me in?

According to my TV guide in today's paper and the TV schedule on my cable it should be on right now but MTV decided to put on some lame ass stupid show instead. :mad:

I was going to try to tape it, but the VCR I was using was messed up. Good thing, since MTV sucks.

Yeah, what a piece of crap MTV is. I just hit "info" on my interactive guide, and it says "Making the Video - U2." Yet what's on my screen? Some assclown with an earring in his lower lip. Lovely.

Anyway, wait another 9 1/2 hours, and it'll be on MTV2 (so they say). That's 10 am EST.

How is Viva La Bam even a television show? I could be watching a band that tries to change the world and this is what MTV gives me instead. Viva La Bam. How about Viva La Caca?

dano said:
How is Viva La Bam even a television show? I could be watching a band that tries to change the world and this is what MTV gives me instead. Viva La Bam. How about Viva La Caca?

How about... Viva La Crap: The MTV Story.

If you want to give 'em s**t for keeping you up late and switching the program without warning, go here:
http://www.mtv.com/news/youtellus/

Be careful when you put in your birthdate... if you are too old (read: not in their target demographic), they will ignore your email. I mean... why else would they ask for your birthdate in an email?? Gotta love MTV. Ashlee Simpson rocks. (I know, that was SNL, but it's all the same)

Hey thanks for that link. I will let them know what I think of their programming. I'm 24. I'd like to think MTV is still interested in what a person my age thinks of their channel.

Thanks guys. Horrible memories of 1987 when MTV aired a hourlong (with NO COMMERCIALS) tour documentary of U2. I still have the origional videtape.

*See my rant in the 'What to record" thread at the top...I thought I was the only one ranting..but then I live in NY)

Worst part is, I can't record it any other time, I'll be at work...is there anyone who can send me a copy whnever they do record it???

Last edited:
Ha ha ha! I "shouted out" and I'm sure they'll ignore it. Mtv doesn't even know what music is anymore. The only time I'll watch it is to see U2 stuff so that's like every 3 or 4 years! :madspit:

Unbelievable.

All of the episodes of U2 Making the Video have been taken off the schedule.

It's no where to be found, wtf?

:mad: :( Well I don't get cable anymore anyway :( Weird thing is, my husband can pick up MTV2 on his little portable TV at work :huh:

Back
Top Bottom