U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. One thing to add:

We mostly likely will hear a song named Invisible on Donkey Punch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

It keeps getting better.

Bdp_WMtCcAEF-rJ.png:large

Will the ass smacking be part of the Donkey Punch promo video?

For a second I thought this was a thread about the U2 3 (three), until I read again, because I was sure that the new thread name would contain Donkey Punch in it. Well, I heard that they shoot on Santa Monica on Tuesday (a video unknown, maybe for Super Bowl?) and start rehearsing in a Vancouver arena for the upcoming tour

Edit:,I knew Bono was twearking in some leather pants somewhere

I think she deleted the tweet now. Probably didn't expect all the questions

It is plausible that the new single will be called "Soda Jerk"! It could include a new persona for Bono. The Young dude just arrived to the big city on the five o ´clock train, walks straight into a speakeasy and learns some truth about the World! And somehow it all has to do with Starbucks.

U2 to perform, February 5 at Barclays in Brooklyn :shifty:
Playing surprise spot a tiny private show for Amnesty right after they win a Golden Globe for OL and announce the new album would be a great buzz builder. It would be like stealth U2. They keep showing up in unexpected places to play the new single... it would drive people nuts with hoping to catch them. It's a marketing ploy that only a few people could pull off, and it pulls on their status as huge and their live act reputation in a way that's not douchebaggy. It could be brilliant.

Playing surprise spot a tiny private show for Amnesty right after they win a Golden Globe for OL and announce the new album would be a great buzz builder. It would be like stealth U2. They keep showing up in unexpected places to play the new single... it would drive people nuts with hoping to catch them. It's a marketing ploy that only a few people could pull off, and it pulls on their status as huge and their live act reputation in a way that's not douchebaggy. It could be brilliant.

It worked for Arcade Fire, but then they should film it and release it on youtube.

Urban Dictionary:

1. Donkey Punch
The Donkey Punch is when your engaged in anal sex and when your about to ejaculate you punch the poor little lady in the back of the head so her anal cavity tightens making the orgasm all that more better (for you of course).

I donkey punched Meredith last night, and It was awesome

Definitely a surprise that U2 is going in this direction, but I'm sure they weighed the PR risks. There's most likely some irony involved too. There could also be some kind of political statement involved too (maybe involving Aung San Suu Kyi).

Brilliant sound quality, Dangermouse sure knows how to produce classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom