U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this might be the brand partnership of u2's Super bowl commercial. You can read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/arts/music/beats-music-enters-online-streaming-market.html?smid=tw-nytimesmusic&seid=auto&_r=1

This looks very interesting, and potentially a hell of a marketing campaign if true:
  • Beats promotes their launch in a Superbowl ad. Huge chunk of America and ROW watching.
  • Beats premiers world exclusive new U2 song for new U2 album.
  • Ad directs users to Beats website to download new U2 song for free.
  • Millions of U2 fans visit the website to download song, as do many music enthusiasts to check out the website.
  • Ongoing Beats TV spots feature new U2 song, kinda like what Apple did for Vertigo and vice versa

Well, regardless of barely being able to hear the music, as a lover of ambient, these clips are hot shit.

This looks very interesting, and potentially a hell of a marketing campaign if true:

• Beats promotes their launch in a Superbowl ad. Huge chunk of America and ROW watching.

• Millions of U2 fans visit the website to download song, as do many music enthusiasts to check out the website.

• Ongoing Beats TV spots feature new U2 song, kinda like what Apple did for Vertigo and vice versa

As far as I know, Beats Music will be a streaming-only service, but they could still have a U2 exclusive that gets people to sign up for the 30-day free trial.

If this is true, it will be a bit of a relief, as U2 will not be shilling for cars or some beer company, but something that actually has to do with music. There's no actual "product". Which is why I didn't really have a problem with the iTunes/iPod ads they did with Vertigo.

It certainly won't make them look as bad as we may have been suspecting.

It only sounds a little like it Princess of China but with the little I can hear from the clip there's some other cool stuff going on. Princess of China doesn't have enough layers.

If this is true, it will be a bit of a relief, as U2 will not be shilling for cars or some beer company, but something that actually has to do with music. There's no actual "product". Which is why I didn't really have a problem with the iTunes/iPod ads they did with Vertigo.

It certainly won't make them look as bad as we may have been suspecting.

Seriously, this is so much better than the idea of U2 doing an advertisement for their own album. The only bands that do that are like...30 Seconds to Mars.

We're getting hangar clips now instead of beach clips.

If that isn't a sign of a radical shift in musical direction by the band, I don't know what is :hyper:

:lol: So now they just ran along with the "invisible" title when we don't even know that is confirmed? Awesome.

:tsk: All we know for now is Donkey Punch. The songs on the album are still unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom