U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we cut the creepy stalker girl out of the first clip?
We say, as we gratefully salivate over her stalkerish recording, telling ourselves it's about damn time the California fans got their act together and got us something worth listening to.

PLEBA has pictures up.

No way!

tumblr_m5n3knmhcb1qfi7g6.gif

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I'm surprised that the band didn't break out the first single from Donkey Punch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

So I guess this commercial "concert" audience was made up of extras? I bet that is going to be one good-looking U2 audience.

The least I would expect to hear at a fundraiser gala is new, for now unreleased, material. I wasn't expecting Vertigo, though.

I really think they are going to show up at the Golden Globes tonight - at least Bono & The Edge.

the 1:53 "hangar" clip....at the end it sounds like he is singing "every breaking wave"....really bad audio but you can faintly hear a big country like guitar part in there

'INVISIBLE' - for (RED).
There's been some online buzz this week about what the band have been up to in LA. Here's the scoop. It's all about a new song called 'Invisible', a track the band will be releasing as part of an initiative with (RED) to support the fight against AIDS. Everybody's really excited about the song and the band have been shooting the video in LA. That's all we can say for now... we'll keep you posted!

From u2's official facebook account

U2.com should get around to reporting that in mid-April.

Also, seems weird that a Super Bowl commercial would also be promoting a charity. Like isn't that trying to do too many things if New U2+Beats Music+(RED)?

Bono sounds pretty great.

That's because his voice is rested. As soon as they go on an extended tour it will get patchy (because he's human). Look how good he sounded in the 360 North American tour after the back surgery layoff. Their promo tours sound great:

U2 Breathe Live in London at Jonathan Ross Show - YouTube

Vs.​

U2 Breathe Live From The RoseBowl - YouTube

And I'm sure that it's easier to play smaller venues technically than big ones. The sound is shitter in large venues and you have to push it more.

It's called diversion. U2 want to make the announcement for the new album during the Super Bowl, not now. By attaching this song to RED, as opposed to the new album, they can save the announcement until the actual Super Bowl, even if this song is also the lead single of the new album. They are killing two birds with one stone, and also creating confusion (and buzz) in the process. It's brilliant, actually.

u2.com has the story now too.. ha.. I wonder if that's been the plan all along, or only because of the leaks

There's been some online buzz this week about what the band have been up to in LA.

Here's the scoop.

It's all about a new song called 'Invisible', a track the band will be releasing as part of an initiative with (RED), to support the fight against AIDS.

Everybody's really excited about the song and the band have been shooting the video in LA.

That's all we can say for now... we'll keep you posted!

WTF? It's not going to be on the new album?

Nah, I don't think that's weird.

If you're selling three things in one ad, I think it's a bit of an overload. Especially considering how many BIG messages are being thrown at the viewer during the Super Bowl commercials.

How can it be expected for viewers to embrace a new music streaming service, new U2 music, and a charity organization.

I dunno.

anyone else find that U2's official communication channels have improved (or at least changed) since Oseary came aboard?

It's called diversion. U2 want to make the announcement for the new album during the Super Bowl, not now. By attaching this song to RED, as opposed to the new album, they can save the announcement until the actual Super Bowl, even if this song is also the lead single of the new album. They are killing two birds with one stone, and also creating confusion (and buzz) in the process. It's brilliant, actually.

Maybe... it is weird that they'd be doing another one off single, like Ordinary Love, without anything being attached to the new album which is clearly coming.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom