U2 log: not enough songs recorded for the new album, world tour next year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
This is what the article says:

"It doesn?t take a ?source close to the band? to know that no new album equals no new tour; however, the Mirror had to confirm the issue with such a source and then pronounce it news. In today?s Ireland edition, the tabloid reports that the band are so far behind schedule on production of the new album, they have decided against touring this year.

The Mirror?s source placed the blame on Bono, saying: ?All plans for any live shows this year have been put on the backburner. The simple fact is they haven?t recorded enough songs for the new album. Bono?s been away a lot and that?s caused a few delays.?

The good news is that when the band do complete the album, they will likely tour worldwide (hey, South America, Australia, and Japan!). According to the source, ?They want to stage a world tour and play bigger venues than ever after making their last one more intimate.?

OK, obviously there isn't going to be a tour this year (not even a promotional one?), but not enough songs?!? What were they doing since April 2003 (I take it the serious work started then, with Chris Thomas), plus they have plenty leftovers from ATYCLB.

Bigger venues then ever sounds interesting though... :hmm: but I thought they can only match the venues they played on Zoo TV or Popmart. Maybe they will also include more Asia on their tour, and they'd play football (I mean soccer :wink: ) stadiums, like they did in South America.

They've been slacking off. All the talk of this album being a "Dragon" or a "Monster" is moot. November won't happen, at least not 04, try 05.

There doing the ATYCLB schedule all over again.......:wink:

Album will drop in October/November or I will be one angry*#@!@(*@*@*@* :mad: :mad: :mad:

I keep harping back to that old Bono quote: "we want to carry the momentum from the ATYCLB sessions, record, and tour" (I am paraphrasing). I think it's safe to say that it will be more than 4 years after the release of ATYCLB that they will release this "dragon of an album". I think the momentum from those days are long gone. How can they expect to carry momentum from the success of that time period if they wait 4+ years in between being in the world limelight? I for one, am quite disapointed.

meh.

i can write songs in 10 minutes, but then again, i don't have a record deal.

Note the source for this "news story": it's The Mirror, a wildly inaccurate rag.
On a more positive note, NME is currently conducting an online vote asking people to name their favorite U2 song. I believe this means the magazine is planning a feature on the band sometime in the coming months. Increased hype means an album is coming. When you start seeing items like this, it indicates the publicity wheels are starting to be set in motion. (Wishful thinking? I think not!)

don't know what to believe anymore......the album is never coming out and I am forced to listen to bass trap.

People! People!

Please.....haven't you been reading the posts? This is U2...
we are NOT ALLOWED to voice disappointment about this album's delay.
If it comes out November 2008, we should consider ourselves blessed....besides, you can always go listen to Joshua Tree for the 2492598235239478693th time.

:wink:

I guess I'll have to get a girlfriend or something to tide me over til the tour. DAMN!!!!:huh:

JOFO said:
People! People!

If it comes out November 2008, we should consider ourselves blessed....besides, you can always go listen to Joshua Tree for the 2492598235239478693th time.:wink:

Dude, you're so right!!

lol. sssshhhhhh......

let's not be "negative" now!

YAY! DELAY! YAY!

COMO ESTA EL YAY!!!!!

this doesnt seem like new news to me. they already mentioned a tour to start in feb 05 a few weeks backs- i think it was principle management. just churning up all the muck at the bottom of the ocean.

i don't care about a tour right now or in the next months, 2005 is the right year because they will enter the hall of fame, so it will be surely a triumph. the record: we're waiting so much time, i do think that we don't have to ask no one more about the album, we don't need to be impacient anymore, i think in 3-4 months we will get the album, keep the faith!

nothing like some bad news to get this forum hopping again, i love it

JOFO said:
People! People!

add a wink to your post or not
I really want to say what I think about this one
so let's all pretend I'm not a moderator for a moment ok
(or don't and report my behaviour, because if I am out of line I don't even want to be a mod anymore anyway)

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT

I spend weeks in here saying that I can disagree with anyone being disappointed in the delay of the new album
but I do mind when you spend 50% of your time on here moaning about it, using WEAK argumentations on why according to you this album should have been released 2 1/2 years ago (finished or not - who gives a damn) and a superior attitude towards people who actually believe that waiting longer for an album if that would mean a great album instead of a mediocre one by claiming these people are obviously brainwashed mindless sheep who worship Bono's every fart

especially since this is about U2 on a U2 forum

and now all this shit just continues again & again & again
and when I use the word shit I use it because it is SHIT
it's ugly + smelly

nothing wrong with being disappointed
and I even guess there's nothing wrong with being a bitter arse
but if this really bothers you so much than go somewhere you can bitch about this all you want

sorry U2girl but I am going to close this thread

any complaints can be directed to Elvis or to the admins (Angela Harlem and Sicy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom