U2 live vs. Bruce live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
Just got back from Phoenix, kids......

I love Bruce, he put on a GREAT show, as always, but you know what?

No one comes CLOSE to U2.

It's just a whole different vibe.

Feel free to jump in here and offer your .02.

Saw in Phoenix:

LOTS of U2 t-shirts

An Arizona license plate at my hotel: ATYCLB

LOTS of U2 on the radio

and, of course, martha, diamond, and joyfulgirl

:wave: hi guys :wave:

I went to go see Bruce opening night of The Rising Tour in NJ. It was a great show. I have to say that I think Bruce's shows are better than U2's, mainly for the length of the shows. Bruce has cut down again on the show length though. Last tour it was usually between 2hrs, 45 min and 3 hrs, and in NJ this tour I timed the show at a little under 2 and a half hours.

Before the Meadowlands show I also went to Asbury Park and sat out on the beach outside Convention Hall when Bruce was doing the rehearsal shows, and one time the week before when he was just rehearsing. The side doors to Convention Hall were open, and I could see part of the stage. After the Today show, the speakers they used were left for Bruce's rehearsal shows, and they were set up outside for those on the beach to hear, and the music was blasting. It was great! I was glad to see the return of so many BITUSA hit singles, since they weren't played much and some not at all on the Reunion Tour. I love his 70's albums, but I really missed those hit 80's songs last tour, especially since I hadn't seen him before the Reunion Tour.

jezebel, how was Dancing In The Dark in Phoenix? I heard it is like a rock/grunge type version now.

Last edited:
ericb said:

jezebel, how was Dancing In The Dark in Phoenix? I heard it is like a rock/grunge type version now.

I'll answer this since I was there, and jezebel won't mind. :wink:

It's all guitars and it was great. There's just a little organ/synth left, but, yeah, it's rock and roll, baby! I was cracking up and loving it, and so was Bruce! The guitars just lined up on stage and banged that thing out! :heart:

:huh: I wanted to see Bruce when he came to Detroit, but I missed him.

I know someone who did go though and she said that she's not even that big of a Bruce fan and it was the best concert she'd ever been to.

Of course, she's never seen U2 live either...:happy:

martha said:

I'll answer this since I was there, and jezebel won't mind. :wink:

It's all guitars and it was great. There's just a little organ/synth left, but, yeah, it's rock and roll, baby! I was cracking up and loving it, and so was Bruce! The guitars just lined up on stage and banged that thing out! :heart:

It WAS one of the best parts of the show, especially when they went right into Ramrod :dance: :dance: :dance:

ericb, what a lucky guy, to see Bruce in NJ, the Today show, etc!

MCOR was truly uplifting.......Empty Sky/You're Missing were transcendent (sp?)

I heard Ramrod get played at the last rehearsal show in Asbury Park. That song absolutely rocks! I couldn't see the stage that day because it was sunny out, and only when the sun went behind clouds I could see inside the place. Some of the people on the beach were hilarious to watch. There were all these men and women in their 40's and 50's doing funky dance moves like you would not believe. My brother and I were hysterical watching them. There were two rows of women line dancing to the song. We also got Jackson Cage that show, which was a big surprise, since it hadn't been played since The River tour.

Hope to be able to make the comparison after I've seen Bruce live this Oct. Been a fan since I could walk (I used to bop around the house to BITUSA) but this will be my first time... totally cannot wait! :cute:

Saw U2 4 times last year, was very lucky with Bono-contact and the music blew me away - so if Bruce was better live it would take months for me to come down....

Last edited:
Regardless of what other misinformed people would like to lead you to believe, U2 is the best live act of any age, any era - past, present and future. End of story.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom