U2 live intros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badyouken

Acrobat
I don't know if you're like me (actually I know you are), but immediatly when I hear the first note of a song in a U2 concert, I just scream it to my friend next to me (who's a casual fan--becoming a huge fan after seeing the conert). We all recognize them instantly.

When I heard the Influx Mix in Montreal, I went crazy: Woohoo, they're starting with Elevation.

When they start Until the End of the World with that weird sound, I'm ecstatic.

When the screens just start getting red, they're still pink, I go nuts. STREEEEEETS!!

When they start the little recording before Mysterious Ways, I almost faint.

When Edge starts his ground-shaking noises at the beginning of Bullet the Blue Sky, the whole crowd seems crazy.

When SUnday Bloody SUnday comes on....

WHen, when, when.

Their intros rock.

What do you think is the best intro? The one that makes you go nuts, that makes you happy they are playing that song, the one that creates the greatest atmosphere in this room filled with 20,000 screaming fans?

No question, it's Streets! The atmosphere just went through the roof at my show. And when the white lights went on, every single person in the arena, even the apathetic ones, was like "YYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" and throwing their arms in the air. So amazing. I was with my brother and he didn't recognize half the songs when they started. But for almost every song I was like "It's Bad! It's Bad!" "This is it! Streets!" "New York!" What was good was when they started Pride--I heard that knocking guitar sound and thought hmmm...and when it kicked in my brother screamed louder than I probably ever did during the show.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

Yeah, of course, the crowd goes nuts everytime they begin Streets. So do I.

But somehow, when they start Mysterious Ways, I'm just so glad! It's just sooo cool and groovy...

It's really sad that they didn't play it in Chicago

Mysterious Ways was great but coming after Bad and then Streets it didn't stand up quite as well as I thought it would. I mean, those two songs are just so unstoppably amazing. But I have to say that after what I felt was a bit of a weak start, it got more and more excellent till it was awesome by the end.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

I like it when Bono does the intro to one song with a snippet from another, like when he does the first verse of Wake up Dead Man before singing stuck. I'm not proud of this but when Bono started to play Wake Up Dead Man at the Chicago concert on Tuesday, I screamed so freakin' loud that even my friend standing next to me (who didn't recognize the song yet) looked at me like I was a total freak. It sort of funny because the rest of the crowd was really quiet because, you know, WUDM is sort of a somber song that requires quite reverence rather than uncontrolled, high-pitched shrieks of joy. But, alas, I could not hold my happiness inside. To make it even better, I was standing right up on the rail in front of the stage, so I'm sure Bono heard my deafening screech. Ah well, thus is the life of a U2 freak.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

Yeah.. u2 songs all have really cool openings..
that killer bass riff on Mofo
the guitar on ebttrt or zoo station
that beautiful amazing wonderful riff of In A Little While
the samples that introduce Bad and WOWY
easily recognizable openings to One Tree Hill and Running to Stand Still
the bass of New Years Day
the drums of Sunday Bloody Sunday.
Wire

the list goes on forever and ever

one thing i've always liked about U2 is they have wicked intros and stay cool throughout. most bands have really cool beginnings to their songs, but then quickly revert to formulaic boring alt rock songs.

Back
Top Bottom