u2 late night Conan O'Brien 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
does anyone have video of late night with Conan O'Brien in 2005? they performed Stuck, vertigo, OOTS, and ABOY..

Last edited:
yeah, sorry about that I was confusing that with SNL, when they performed SYCMIOYO..I edited it out of my post so people don't get confused...anyway, any video anyone?

U2 took over the show, in Conans words. They were on the entire show, performances, the year 2000 bit, and interviews. (There were the 2 Secrets skits too) Yeah DOL is correct, it's a 349 MB file, but it's a great show.

conanu2smaller.jpg

WARNING! This post contains spoilers about the special U2 episode of Conan!

Dunno if you're familiar with Conan, but the show's normal run-through goes like this: Monologue, sketch, first guest, sketch (sometimes), second guest, musical guest.

But the U2 show was special. Instead of his monologue, Conan showed a film taken earlier in the day, of him interviewing U2 fans waiting to get into the show, and quizzing them about the band. Then he introduced them and they played All Because of You.
After the first commercial break, Conan and Edge did the "In the year 2000" sketch (a Conan sketch dating way back from the 90s where Conan and a guest made silly pop-culture referencing predictions about the year 2000, which got even funnier post-2000) which was very U2-centric, and Bono made an appearence at the end of the sketch.
After that, he interviewed the entire band, which included some funny photoshopped photos of them. And afterward the band played Original of the Species.
During the next segment, Conan interviewed Bono alone, and afterward the band played Stuck in a Moment (You Can't Get Out Of) (which started out just Bono and Edge acoustic, but ended full band) and Vertigo, although they ran out of time and it cut off during the middle 8.

...I did that from memory. What can I say, I'm a huge Conan fan, and an even huger U2 fan.

Also, on two subsequent nights, Conan aired "U2 Secrets" sketches, which are part of a celebrity secrets series of sketches Conan does. They feature celebrities sitting in a jail cell type setting, confessing crazy (not-actually-true) things. Adam didn't participate in the U2 Secrets sketches.

Parts of the show are probably on YouTube, you could try searching "U2 Conan" or "U2 Late Night" and see what you find.

It used to be on You Tube a while ago, but was taken down again, I guess due to copyright reasons. I have the whole show, but I cannot upload it, it's a very big file. However, there are all mp3s of it, all the performances, the sketches and the interviews, available on U2 start.

Rob33 said:
does anyone have video of late night with Conan O'Brien in 2005? they performed Stuck, vertigo, OOTS, and ABOY..

Here's a link to download. This is a zip file containing an avi of the entire show and two wmv files of the Secrets clips.

http://www.mega upload.com/?d=T37V6GCC

Remember to remove the space.

Enjoy,
Dana

bonocomet said:
Edge - "Bono hits us... sometimes really hard." :(
He looked so scared when he said that! :lol: Bless him.

I liked Bono's too:

"If I don't win that Nobel Peace Prize... I'm gonna get a bigass crowbar... and I'm gonna whop me some Norwegian skull."

DreamOutLoud13 said:

He looked so scared when he said that! :lol: Bless him.

I liked Bono's too:

"If I don't win that Nobel Peace Prize... I'm gonna get a bigass crowbar... and I'm gonna whop me some Norwegian skull."

:lmao: yeah that was great too.

:lmao:

Omg, U2 Secrets was probably the funniest thing I have ever heard!!! I remember I watched it at my old school's library, and I sort of burst out laughing (at Edge's "Bono hits us" line of course) and thoroughly embarassed myself. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of this!

last unicorn said:
Since they are avi and wmv files, it is video.

alright, I'm listening to the first big part now, and I'm just getting audio, please help!

ah never mind I didn't have an important file installed to see video..fixed! thanks!

Last edited:
one of the best parts had to be when he interviewed the fans outside on the street. seems like every time he does that it's genius. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom