U2 Karaoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teralin

The Fly
Hello fellow Interferencers!

I haven't posted here too often, but have been around for years and years, usually on the lookout for new album news, and some may remember my U2 background, especially bringing the audio BBC Carpark rehearsals and performances for Top of the Pops to you a few years ago (the first time the world had heard All Because of You and City of Blinding Lights).

Anyway, enough about me, I have a question for anyone who would like to contribute - I have (foolishly) agreed to enter a "Pop Idol" style competition at work, and I have to choose one artist to emulate and song to sing. Of course I chose Bono, but which song to choose?

I have been singing pretty much ever since I really got into U2 (back in 1997), and can handle pretty much any song, but some are better for my voice than others, so I was wondering if anyone could help with song choice please.

I have eliminated any songs in which I would sound too screechy (which includes Vertigo unfortunately). I would also like the song to be one that eberyone would know and be able to sing along to (i.e. a single or well known non-single).

I think I have narrowed my choice down to 3 - One, With Or Without You and New Years Day.

NYD, while quite high at parts, seems to suit my voice well, and I have no problems with the other two.

I have to choose today as I have to submit my choice first thing tomorrow morning, but I am having real trouble deciding...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.... :p

teralin said:
I have (foolishly) agreed to enter a "Pop Idol" style competition at work, and I have to choose one artist to emulate and song to sing.

:lol: Awesome! I wish we did stuff like that at my workplace.

You could probably throw a lot of Bono-esque stuff into either One or WOWY.

Can you do the big "whoa oh oh oh" part at the end of WOWY, and then the high crooning bit? If you can, I'd say go for that because it's maybe more vocally impressive than One.

Good luck!

Thanks!

I can do the whoa oh oh bit at the end of WOWY and the falsetto bit, so was thinking that it might be more impressive than One from that point of view. If I was permitted to play guitar, then One would suit, but instead will just get into costume and character and go for WOWY - decided.

Thanks again!!!

Will do! It's not until April, but I don't need too much rehearsal - I usually pick up the guitar every other day and belt out a few songs. It helps me to destress... :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom