U2 Karaoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know this questioned has been asked a few times, but with Karaoke growing ever so popular what are some U2 songs you've sung, seen sung, or want to sing?

I saw a guy sing "One" a few weeks ago and it was pretty bad. He didn't have a speech in front of it so that helped.

<--karaoke junkie!

As a girl, I have to pick songs that aren't too low. Beautiful Day starts out too low, but gets easier from there.

I've done:

Where the Streets Have No Name (bliss! Not enough places have this one when my friends and I go out to do karaoke)

Beautiful Day

Angel of Harlem (they totally had the words wrong :tsk: )

In a Little While (this one was right in my wheelhouse - loved it!)

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (a little lower than I had expected, and I skipped all the moaning at the end :wink: )

The latest place my friends and I discovered has LOADS of songs and a very impressive U2 selection. I'd love to try Lemon, The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Electrical Storm

I've done a lot of U2 karaoke. One place in Manhattan has about 25 U2 songs. Here's what I've done so far.

All Because of You (couldn't hit Bono's scream during the guitar solo)

Bad (I think I hit the "Wide Awake." It sounded decent at least)
Beautiful Day
Desire (pretty easy)
Discotheque (it's a lot of fun singing the Boom-cha's)
Electrical Storm
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly (my friend did Edge's falsetto even though I can hit it. I had to stick to Bono's lines)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
HMTMKMKM (avoided the moaning at the end. It would have sounded very wrong coming from me.)
ISHFWILF
I Will Follow (Very easy)
Lemon (Really fun to sing. I try to sound like Macphisto while singing it.)
Mysterious Ways (Another fun one to sing)
One (Nice group song to sing)
Original of the Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Sweetest Thing (Easy to sing and fun too)
Vertigo (Fun group song but I always have trouble holding the "feels"
Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You (one of my best songs in karaoke)

I once did the worst ever version of with or without you, & got a standing ovation, from about 30 contractors I was working with in Gt.Yarmouth at the time, Shurely thats wot karaoke is all about isn't it? a bit of fun, especially when the singer is soooooo atrocious, if you want to listen to wannabe "popstars" watch x-factor, & all the other wannabe drivel shows, masquerading as talent shows, & leave karaoke to the likes of us tone deaf, cloth eared, drunken eeeeejits!!!:wink:

I'd love to do it, but I've in all honesty never even seen a karaoke machine in my life.

Back
Top Bottom