U2 just played on CD:UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Party Boy said:
U2 just played Vertigo live on CD:UK - better performance imho than totp!!

Woah, woah, I didn't even know this was being broadcast! I presume this is what was filmed a few days ago?

I imagine they probably played a few more songs like they did on totp last week, which means, there may be some more clips floating around!!

If it's what was filmed a few days ago, apparently it was impossible to get any sort of recording technology into the venue.

Was it a genuine live performance, or played to a backing track? (If I remember the reports of the earlier gig correctly, I fear it was the latter ...)

If it was a live performance, I wish some amazingly kind individual would hurry up and put this on www.easytree.org! If it was to a backing track, I can wait. I'll only watch it to see what condition Bono's voice is in.

Last edited:
It was a fantastic performance... i missed the middle bit (somebody at the door), but it the performance / filming / singing seemed far better than TOTP!

It was top quality - infinitely better than TOTP. We knew only the vocals would be live so we were under no illusions. There was a lot of energy from the band and audience. Fantastic.

Kev

KevLW said:
We knew only the vocals would be live so we were under no illusions.

Great, thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm off to bed, I'm not that interested in seeing this that I'll stay up until it comes online. Even if it's the policy of the shows, I really hate this idea of performing to playbacks ...

Axver said:

Great, thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm off to bed, I'm not that interested in seeing this that I'll stay up until it comes online. Even if it's the policy of the shows, I really hate this idea of performing to playbacks ...

*Yawn*

I liked this performance much more than TOTP's. It gives you more of an idea of how it's going to be live with the audience interaction.

Thanks for the video (from the other thread). There's also a torrent of it at easytree.org.

Dragonfave said:

Thanks E. OK, I watched the video. Bono did his incredible "rock star" routine as always (the headbut to the camera was alittle hilarious........). But what happened to other songs, like ABOY, SYCMOYO, and "Miracle Drug",................ was it on the show too??

The show was recorded last Saturday however only the Vertigo clip was shown today. Think they recorded 3/4 songs in total? Will probably be shown sometime in future shows

C'mon people?! :sigh: Where are the other Yousendit links? And keep them coming ;)

It's a big file so the links are going to expire quicker than before

awesome video, kills the TOTP one, and I mean kills it. Bono is over his cold, thats for sure!!!! Great voice, and I think the instruments were live too. Some parts I thought "they cant be", but sometimes, especially with Adam's bass, seems like the real live thing. Great energy, WOWW!!!!

Great performance with much more energy than the TOTP one. I've only watched it the once and I thought I heard a few things from Adam that suggested he was playing live. I'm sure he lost the timing or hit a wrong note at one moment and he was playing a bass I've never seen him play before which might suggest its the one he used for the song. It also sounded like a live bass part. Guitar sounded note-perfect off the single but drums, bass and obviously vocals seemed to be live.

I could be wrong as it was the first watch of it.

ascender_RS said:
Great performance with much more energy than the TOTP one. I've only watched it the once and I thought I heard a few things from Adam that suggested he was playing live. I'm sure he lost the timing or hit a wrong note at one moment and he was playing a bass I've never seen him play before which might suggest its the one he used for the song. It also sounded like a live bass part. Guitar sounded note-perfect off the single but drums, bass and obviously vocals seemed to be live.

I agree, bass and drums seemed real live, and Edge's guitar was right on, but isnt it always?? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom