U2 just played on CD:UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is it just me or does Bono use some sort of vocal processor to get that "i can feel" bit....

I mean he only just gets the you in "you give me something" with his scratchy bomker bono voice and then does a flawless perfect "i can feel!" - almost too perfect.

Not that it would matter to me, i see vocals as another instrument and if you can add effects be it sustain or pitch to get a better tone every once in a while so be it.

steak said:
is it just me or does Bono use some sort of vocal processor to get that "i can feel" bit....

I mean he only just gets the you in "you give me something" with his scratchy bomker bono voice and then does a flawless perfect "i can feel!" - almost too perfect.

Not that it would matter to me, i see vocals as another instrument and if you can add effects be it sustain or pitch to get a better tone every once in a while so be it.

I don't really hear what you're talking about to be honest. He sounds very strong on that performance.

It'd be nice to hear us giving him a compliment about his live performance when he nails it rather than look toward some sort of technological aid being the reason for his soild sounding vocal. Maybe he's training his voice better this time round than he has in the past.

steak said:

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you say that he's not singing that part? Or that his vocal are fixed? I highly doubt it, because why not use that "fix" during the whole performance, then?

Bonos voice gets better and better now, i think, and i just love it. He's even better this time than during ATYCLB.

steak said:

Bono's voice sounds very strong and not-scratchy the entire CD:UK performance. Much, much better than the TOTP performance. I really doubt there are any effects being applied to his voice.

I dont know how u2 fans that didn't like Vertigo or were unsatisfied with it, can watch this performance and not fall in love with this tune. I'm falling in love with it all over again. Great performance!

Back
Top Bottom