U2 Is What Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whatev06 said:

Good for you. You would never listen anyways. If you like "Beautiful Day" then you are likely dymetrically opposed to good music.

I just think it's funny that you're trying to force your opinion of what is good music on everyone. As you said earlier, music is subjective. That means that music tastes sound better or worse to different people. U2 has a disproportionate amount of people supporting their music compared to those, like yourself, that despise it. Whether U2 has 2 fans or 2,000,000, they're still going to be supported. Anything you say won't phase anyone who really cares about it. Oh, and just so you know, everyone that you've been arguing with can't be phased by your rhetoric.

Your link is not working Whatev06, I wonder if Umpty mcdoodle really do exist this is brilliant. I have a dream that maybe you are bono and that you have formed a new band...:wink:

Anyone ever hear of Willy and the Banjos?

They played on a street corner near my home and like 8 people stopped for a minute to hear them "jam"

They were aWSomE !!1@!1112@**

you'll be hearing about them soon. The lead singer, Willie, is homeless but he sings much better than Bono and Earl the guitarist is soooo much better than Edge.

:yawn: :rolleyes:

Hey you should really be posting all this in Just the Bang and the Clatter forum..or alternatively look in my journal to see me with green hair:happy:

Glory sounds alright, some nice soloing but nothing to get me excited....back to The Downward Spiral it is:cool:

whatev06 said:
Bono: Maybe I'll my name to "Beautiful Voice" next week and then like add a couple bonus songs to an old album - or better yet - I'll rearrange songs from some old albums and put them on one disc, give it a new name and charge you all $22.00 for it (after all it will come in a really cool package).

1. Bono's been called Bono for about as long as my mom has been calling me Tookie Button or Liesje. It's just a nickname, get over it!

2. I've never paid more than $9.99 for a new U2 CD

Then I'll charge you for the right to post to certain MESSAGE BOARDS!

:scratch: No clue what you're referring to here. Interference has no official connection to U2. You can pay Joel $12 if you want, but you don't have to to be a member.

Then I'll make about $200 million next and then go on wailing abou the crisis of humanity, while I wear sunglasses, clothes and jewelry that cost more than your car.

Ever been to Africa? Ever studied Third World Development?

LJT said:
Hey you should really be posting all this in Just the Bang and the Clatter forum..or alternatively look in my journal to see me with green hair:happy:

Glory sounds alright, some nice soloing but nothing to get me excited....back to The Downward Spiral it is:cool:

Trent. :drool:

NIN. :drool:

Green hair. :drool:

Bring with on Sunday.:wink:

Look I apologize for ticking everyone off, but for a fan of real rock music (I come the roots of Floyd, Zepp, Sabbath, Who, Beatles) to hear U2 on EVERY SINGLE TV COMMERCIAL and EVERY MAJOR SPORTING EVENT is just sickening, especially considering the fluff that U2 has consistently put out for 15 years.

whatev06 said:

why don't you see a show when they come your way instead of being so judgemental about a band you've seen live and probably have never heard.

I can send you a link to some good shows if you wish.

ahem, did you just accuse someone of being judgemental about a band?

I just read through the last 4 pages and had a good giggle.

whatevO6 you're totally entitled to your opinion, there are a few fans here who don't much care for HTDAAB either. I personally love the album. But, I've said this before and I'll say it again, there's no arguing about taste. So I don't really see the point of your post. If you're hoping to get anyone here to agree with anything you're saying then, unless it still hasn't been made clear to you yet, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU'VE COME TO THE WRONG PLACE, IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS DISS U2 AND BONO!!!:madspit:

Oh but if we're telling jokes I have one, although I suspect most of you here have heard this one;
A guitar player of a small band :rolleyes: had died and was standing outside the Pearly Gates waiting to get in when he saw a guy on the other side wearing shades, a cowboy and a green guitar with the words "The Goul is Soul" engraved on the front and the guitar player said to a passing angel "I didn't know Bono had died!" and the angel said "Oh, that's not Bono, that's God! He just thinks he's Bono!!" :evil:

Last edited:
Ever seen the video for I'm Afraid of Americans? It involves Bowie being chased through New York by Trent.....it is the stuff Slash is made of:drool:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

1. Bono's been called Bono for about as long as my mom has been calling me Tookie Button or Liesje. It's just a nickname, get over it!

2. I've never paid more than $9.99 for a new U2 CD

:scratch: No clue what you're referring to here. Interference has no official connection to U2. You can pay Joel $12 if you want, but you don't have to to be a member.

Ever been to Africa? Ever studied Third World Development?

I don't care about his political mission. I want to hear well put together rock songs. For 15 years they haven't done this.

whatev06 said:
Look I apologize for ticking everyone off, but for a fan of real rock music (I come the roots of Floyd, Zepp, Sabbath, Who, Beatles) to hear U2 on EVERY SINGLE TV COMMERCIAL and EVERY MAJOR SPORTING EVENT is just sickening, especially considering the fluff that U2 has consistently put out for 15 years.

Well it isn't fluff to us:shrug:

Just a matter of opinion.

^
We all are.

whatev06 said:

Zooropa, Passengers, POP and the MDH soundtrack are fluff right...:wink:

Yeah Whatev06 you are so contradictory! You probably don't know what that word means though, because I think you're too busy listening to Umpty McFluff or whatever that are called!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

whatev06 said:

I don't care about his political mission. I want to hear well put together rock songs. For 15 years they haven't done this.

Then get over it and listen to something else? I'm not getting what your point is here. If you don't like U2, fine. :shrug: News flash, no one really cares.

Most are willing to listen to new music dude..just attacking our favourite band telling us we are wrong and stupid for it..isn't the best way to go about it...i still like U2, but i also like Led Zep, The Beatles, The Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave, The Who...we just have a different opinion regarding U2.

Look I still like U2s older stuff but the new stuff just sucks horribly in my opinion. But as big as U2 is, it just keeps perpetuating itself. Kind of like bad Harrison Ford movies.

^ I dont think U2s last album by any means is anywhere near their best, but i still like it, i think they are decent tunes....but have you listened to anything of U2 from the 90s? Im sure we could help you out.

whatev06 said:
Look I still like U2s older stuff but the new stuff just sucks horribly in my opinion. But as big as U2 is, it just keeps perpetuating itself. Kind of like bad Harrison Ford movies.

Subjectivity doesn't appeal to you, does it? We know your opinion; you know ours.

Simplicity; brilliant and utterly pacifying. :wink:

The Fly, Mofo, Lemon, Dirty Day, Please, Slug, Your Blue Room, Acrobat; :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom