U2 Is What Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine here at work was a huge U2 fan (has every CD and DVD etc) for years and years. He's from Europe. Even he admits that 90% of their songs over the past 15 years are just fluff. He went to see them play last year and he said that their show pales in comparison to Umphrey's McGee concert (1000-3000 people). He still likes U2's old stuff, but it's clear to him being at Umphrey's McGee show who the better band is now and who writes real rock music. There are lots of bands that are like Umphrey's who are producing great music right now who get no attention.

Wait let me guess - you are the Drummer in Umphrey McGee?

YBORCITYOBL said:

WOW a comedian also!!! Your a triple threat!!!!

You ever wonder why these "Jam Bands" play to small audiences and most of us never heard them? Because they probably suck so bad.

WOW! YOU ARE IGNORANT!

You are so ignorant it's scary!

Well, "Pearl Harbor" was popular movie, so I guess it's great then! And not too many watched "Fargo" when it came out, so I guess it sucks then!

You are soo smart.

Have you guys heard about the Umba Gumba Lumba band? I went to see them last night, and I guarantee you, they kick the shit out of U2 :drool:

Umphrey's McGee :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Man that sounds like the most ridiculous name for a band ever, but I am going to go and listen to them. I wonder where they are from... Tosser, sorry I mean whatev06 does not dare say where he or she is based so will have to look them up and find out..

U2Man said:
Have you guys heard about the Umba Gumba Lumba band? I went to see them last night, and I guarantee you, they kick the shit out of U2 :drool:

No actually they suck - because they played to 3,001 people last night.
You shouldn't have attended. and they'd be GREAT!!!!

Look, the U2 marketing machine is rolling so fast that they could put out the the worst most-awful album ever and they would still sell out stadiums and win Grammys. Their last album proved that.

The doodle doodle band are great, has anyone heard them, honestly they are so good and the reason they are great is because they have no marketing and only I have heard of them, so they must be great.:wink: :wink:

whatev06 said:
Look, the U2 marketing machine is rolling so fast that they could put out the the worst most-awful album ever and they would still sell out stadiums and win Grammys. Their last album proved that.

I would say that being IGNORANT would be posting on a U2 website stating how much they suck would probably prove beyond the shadow of a doubt how IGNORANT you must be.

I wonder why Atomic Bomb went in Number 1 in the album charts if it sucked as much as you say it does :hmm:

Also in the UK 2 songs from Atomic Bomb went to number 1, first time thats ever happened for U2

matt76 said:
Umphrey's McGee :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Man that sounds like the most ridiculous name for a band ever, but I am going to go and listen to them. I wonder where they are from... Tosser, sorry I mean whatev06 does not dare say where he or she is based so will have to look them up and find out..

why don't you see a show when they come your way instead of being so judgemental about a band you've seen live and probably have never heard.

I can send you a link to some good shows if you wish.

Wow, this is great. U2 fans handling a mudslinger with grace and humor (it must be so frustrating trying to start something and no one is buying it). Interferencers rock!
Where can I get a smiley eating popcorn - that's a hoot!

Rini

matt76 said:
The doodle doodle band are great, has anyone heard them, honestly they are so good and the reason they are great is because they have no marketing and only I have heard of them, so they must be great.:wink: :wink:

AWW damn - I heard of them also - I guess they suck now because I'm in Marketing.

archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=20742

try Andy's last beer or Ocean Billy or Glory they are all good

waynetravis said:
I wonder why Atomic Bomb went in Number 1 in the album charts if it sucked as much as you say it does :hmm:

Also in the UK 2 songs from Atomic Bomb went to number 1, first time thats ever happened for U2

Good for them. The album still sucks. Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpsons have had songs at the top of the charts too. They also suck.

whatev06 said:

why don't you see a show when they come your way instead of being so judgemental about a band you've seen live and probably have never heard.

I can send you a link to some good shows if you wish.

You know guys, I think whatev06's purpose here was to bash U2 and thereby get our attention so he could promote the Umphretty McGiggity band. Well played, whatev06. Though, you still fail because you've ruined that band for me because of your tactic. YOU LUUUUSE!!!!

Green Day is popular now too. I suppose they are also a great band. PHISH - no one ever talked about them, so I guess they sucked. OH OH THE SWEETEST THING!!!! Real rock. Sure.

whatev06 said:

Good for them. The album still sucks. Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpsons have had songs at the top of the charts too. They also suck.

Eh no biggy...

Do you like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club?:hyper:

Sonoftelepunk said:

You know guys, I think whatev06's purpose here was to bash U2 and thereby get our attention so he could promote the Umphretty McGiggity band. Well played, whatev06. Though, you still fail because you've ruined that band for me because of your tactic. YOU LUUUUSE!!!!

Good for you. You would never listen anyways. If you like "Beautiful Day" then you are likely dymetrically opposed to good music.

whatev06 said:
Green Day is popular now too. I suppose they are also a great band. PHISH - no one ever talked about them, so I guess they sucked. OH OH THE SWEETEST THING!!!! Real rock. Sure.

yeh that song was a b-side from the 80s:eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom