U2 is doing much better in VH1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by STING2:
Not sure what VH1 will do now. They are not showing the percentages anymore.

You can get them here: http://www.vh1.com/mymusic/2001/results.1.jhtml

smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are lead has really increased since yesterday, I thought it would level off. Guess a lot of U2 fans are getting in on the action now! How did you get this link because I did not see it posted there. Were up by several percentage points more today than we were Yesterday!

ROTFLMFAO in all seriousness, I go away for Vegas and I come back and you guys have created mayhem (the good kind
wink.gif
of course )

Originally posted by STING2:
I They think U2 Station are the reason their behind. They also think its because of someone on that site from USC who is using multiple computers in a internet station on campus. They really have no idea.

I'm sorry but how does USC have anything to do with this? I mean seriously where did this train of thought even originate?

Anyways, my suggestions:
- DELETE THIS THREAD AND ANY OTHER INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE (forget closing, DELETE)
- Hide the weapon KevM (if everyone that got it and still has should provide more than enough ammunition)

Remember the only reason we had to resort to this is because the other fans have no life and are double voting themselves. We just happen to be a lot smarter and more efficient. So in the words of Larry "FOAD".

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by ryancoke:
Hey U2 Fan!

Great news! U2 is up for six awards in the the My VH1 Music Awards '01: My Favorite Group, Hottest Live Show, Damn I Wish I Wrote That for "The Space Between", My Favorite Video for "Beautiful Day", Must Have Album for All That You Can Leave Behind and Coolest Fan Website for U2 Station.

Since when did U2 write "The Space Between"? Those damn DMB fans. And Jovi fans called us elitists. Oh well. I guess that's what you get when you believe in a band that tries to save the world. Oh well....

[This message has been edited by sharky (edited 11-20-2001).]

hmmm....interesting. It seems ROCKWITHJBJ believes our voting process is illegal and his voting process is not. Hmmm....let's compare.

U2: mulitple users using multiple IDs to get multiple votes
BJ: mulitple users using multiple IDs to get multiple votes

What's the difference? If anything, the only reason we voted multiple times is because BJ fans voted multiple times. They brought out the best in us!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

bounce

Way I have always seen it: Bon Jovi is to U2 in the same way John Meloncamp is to Springstien. Deal with it
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Calvin N. Hobbes (edited 11-20-2001).]

Hi BJ fans!!! As it appears you are reading these posts with incredible interest.

RockwithBJ, what is illegal about our voting method. Please provide an official link to VH-1 that indicates our method is illegal over your multiple voting method? Also, "illegal", is someone going to be prosecuted for this???? Somehow I dont think so.

Bottom line fans of both groups are cheating. It sounds a bit childish but the BJ fans did start this multiple voting thing. We are finishing it!

I've never been to another band's discussion forum...I just thought I'd sneak a peak at Bon Jovi's; anyway, in one thread about suggesting opening bands, there's quite a few recommendations for U2!!!
And this was a week ago - even before the bashing started - and it actually looks like some people are kind of serious about this suggestion!!

Anyway, I thought that was pretty funny!
smile.gif

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

I've never been to another band's discussion forum...I just thought I'd sneak a peak at Bon Jovi's; anyway, in one thread about suggesting opening bands, there's quite a few recommendations for U2!!!

If U2 was opening for Bon Jovi, the concert would pretty much be over by the time they came off the stage. At least, the part worth watching.
wink.gif

People People
don't get childish here!
We are getting in some silly arguments with BJ fans over stupid awards. Is it realy so important in your lives? Don't you have a job to do, school or college to attend?
This is silly and funy, it's the same thing as when a n'sync fan discusses about the names of their pets - cats and dogs. And who has better hair.
It's all irellevant - we are fans of music I hope, and let us not build a stupid cult of personality - they are people like us, the only diference is that they make great music and they earn mony while doing so. I'm just glad that our guys in the process of doing their job promote honorable and noble couses...
I want them to win as many awards as they can, but reading this post and some of the responces from bj fans - it somehow dimishes the band itself (u2 offcourse, I have no respect for BJ, but I never judge a men by his taste - that would be just plain stupid)
And about cheating - everyone on the net cheates in these pools - it's nothing new. So don't go on calling bj fans cheater b/c it's hipocritycal - we always cheat. How did we know that we have to call KEWM? We had experience like this before...
I see it all as trivial thing in my daily life, and it's something that I concider fun - let's not make serious big issue around it.
Let us all cheat and let the best band (U2 ofcourse) win - we don't have to call others retards or idiots or phatetics - wait until the awards are over and than (when U2 wins them all ofcourse) find a oponent fan of bj and put them all in his face and have fun provoking eachother...
smile.gif

now who is with me on this?

Hey, is anyone else having trouble viewing the results? For some reason, instead of showing me the results after I voted, the website just sends me to the next category. Is this just my crappy computer or has vh1 changed the site so you can no longer see the results? Just curious.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Nothing wrong with your computer. 15 days before the awards they stop showing the results so it will be a surprise when the show is aired. Who would watch if everyone knew who would win before hand right.

Anyway, they have now stepped up their commercials to promote voting and the show (by 500%) and there will be a whole lot more votes coming in from the general public in the next 12 - 13 days. So the results are up in the air.

I don't think the awards are 'stupid' because the average person out there who is just a casual fan will unfortunately judge bands by things like that. Of course we know U2 are the best band in the world but wouldn't a little more hardware make it look better to the public?

Dr.Who- you posted that on their board that's funny but you should also turn them into VH-1!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Well, if you scroll up here to CrazyforBONO's last post, she was able to find the hidden results of how things were going last night. Unfortunately, the link no longer works now. The results showed that even yesterday that U2 was still increasing its lead.

Poll #1 ahead by 19% to now ahead by 22%
Poll #2 ahead by 15% to now ahead by 21%
Poll #3 ahead by 8% to now ahead by 12%
Poll #4 ahead by 7% to now ahead by 11%
Poll #5 ahead by 19% to now ahead by 23%
Poll #6 ahead by 8% to now ahead by 12%

When I say ahead, thats how far the #2 artist is behind U2. EVERYONE KEEP VOTING!!!!

interesting ...

From www.bonjovi.com:
Question:
Jon, please know that we are voting like crazy for Bon Jovi at VH1 but U2 fans have created a program to automatically vote over and over. BSWJBJ really wants the band to win and we will continue to do our best. It's hard to fight the system. Keep the Faith - We believe in you.
asked by Member of Jonny's Church on Monday, November 19

Answer:
We thought you all would like to know that this has been brought to the attention of the proper authorities who are dealing with the illegal voting. Bon Jovi only endorses free & open legitimate voting... this will be rectified so please, continue to VOTE at VH1.COM for BON JOVI in all 3 categories.

We were voting multiple times the same way the bj fans were/are.

So I'm not sure what exactly they have or will do, but someone on the jb board said they had sent "the program" plus screen shots to vh1 ... humm ... all the posts about this are now gone from the bj board.

Anyone know more?

I'll have some updates soon (if i have time), although its hard to tell what exactly has/will happend now that the totals are no longer shown.

I have some more ideas so I'll keep some ppl informed just not the general public this time
wink.gif

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

btw .. if you are using my "technique" I suggest you stop ... for now.

I guess most of this thing is over now ... but just a reminder to be nice to fans of other bands. It's not nice to gloat.
biggrin.gif

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

HA!!! illegal voting? I think not. If your voting multiple times its cheating. Everyone here has done that if its email addresses or a machine or whatever. If VH1 does do something stupid and try to say this is cheating and that is not, then oh well. If anyone at VH1 is smart though, they won't do anything, because there really is no full proof way to assure, 1 fan 1 vote. Thats why for right now, The USA presidential election will not be done over the internet.
Anyways, the way things looked last night with the votes the Crazy got us, its looking good. But, VOTE any way you can for it right now.

Somehow I doubdt VH-1 is going to be prosecuting anyone. My guess is that they wont even do anything about what has happened. "Illegal" that implies that someone has broken a law which isnt the case here, how about not following the rules. Just like the other fans of the other bands.

Hey I dont hate the fans of BJ or DMB. Now if it was N Stink or Britney fans I would say I hate them and it was war. This whole thing started because the BJ fans were cheating by voting multiple times. I think the DMB fans were doing the same. A smart U2 fan came up with a more efficient way to do the same thing as those fans and those fans got pissed. The whole thing screams of hipocrisy if you ask me from all sides.

Basically whoever wins the fans of all 3 are going to know the fix was in. I still hope it is U2 though!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom