U2 iPod Complete U2 problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
I got my U2 iPod & Complete U2 for X-mas and I love both........except for the fact that I don't know which album is which when I organize by "Albums" on my ipod! All I get is 69 folders named "The Complet...."! What the F#@k! Am I missing something or are the apple people who set this up dumb asses!

The OOTS said:
Sounds like you are going to spend a quite of bit of time reorganizing your ipod.

Are you speaking from experience, guessing or just stating the inevitable? 'Cause I really hope thats not the case!:mad:

Don't worry about it. In iTunes, just create a new playlist of all your complete U2 albums.... then rename each album one by one, and delete the "complete U2" part at the beginning. It won't take as long as you think. You can take all the songs in an album and change them at once.

Expand the area for "albums" and you'll see that while it says "Complete U2" it also sorts the songs by album and in order.

Then, you can make new folders (like "The Joshua Tree" or whatever) and place all the songs from each album/single into their corresponding folders. Took me a few minutes to make the folders and do the transfer.

I wish I could complain about the problems I have with my U2 iPod, but, alas, I can't. I don't have one.....yet. Be happy you have one salim117, and all the problems will be resolved eventually, I guess.

My theory is.... If I have all the albums, singles, bootlegs I need and more, why get these itunes and ipods? I even has Salome Outtakes.

SMB

I thought the same thing - but since I got it as a gift - I have everything in one location - no changing of CD's. I can go to work and listen all the time (not have to worry about carrying something around wishing I had a certain CD.)

I have it all on my IPOD.:up: Even if I do have several versions of a song.:(

dont be such a spoilt kid! at least you have got and ipod not just an ipod a U2 ipod and the hole cd collection! So what it will take a bit longer to order at least you have one!

Kate1 said:
dont be such a spoilt kid! at least you have got and ipod not just an ipod a U2 ipod and the hole cd collection! So what it will take a bit longer to order at least you have one!

Quick to judge aren't you? I am neither of those. What the hell! So let me get this straight. I'm spoiled cause I have an ipod/U2 boxset and you don't, and I have the nerve to complain about having to rename a shitload of files I paid a pretty penny for? Hmm..you know a "luxury is relative to the situation. You're lucky to have a home, clothes, and food to eat. There's several million people in southeast Asia who would kill for those luxuries, but I digress! To the point:
Fuck you calling me spoiled! As you read this keep in mind that I took me 5 or 6 times longer than it would take you to type ! Why? Cause I'm a quadrapligic and have been typing every letter using my right pinkie finger's knuckle. So forgive me if I am pissed at the thought of having to rename all those folders ! For me its more work than you might think.

Last edited:
salim117 said:

Quick to judge aren't you? I am neither of those. What the hell! So let me get this straight. I'm spoiled cause I have an ipod/U2 boxset and you don't, and I have the nerve to complain about having to rename a shitload of files I paid a pretty penny for? Hmm..you know a "luxury is relative to the situation. You're lucky to have a home, clothes, and food to eat. There's several million people in southeast Asia who would kill for those luxuries, but I digress! To the point:
Fuck you calling me spoiled! As you read this keep in mind that I took me 5 or 6 times longer than it would take you to type ! Why? Cause I'm a quadrapligic and have been typing every letter using my right pinkie finger's knuckle. So forgive me if I am pissed at the thought of having to rename all those folders ! For me its more work than you might think.

Im so sorry was only messin and didnt realise ur condition!:(

okay well I was going to start a new thread but I guess I'll add on to this one b/c it's regarding the complete collection so maybe you guys could be so kind as to give me your expertise/opinion. :)

I got the ipod and didn't think I would get the box set b/c I thought, well I have nearly every major cd. I know I am missing under a blood red sky and wide awake in america. But with those 13 or so others, I have uploaded them all and it's only 151 songs. So there are apparently hundreds of others I don't know about? Or just tons of different versions? :huh: How is that I am missing 250 songs; I know they said 25 unreleased songs, but? :( I haven't gotten singles and stuff.....What's the deal, are you guys all glad you got it even though you probably have all the cds? $100 seems kind of steep on top of it all when I don't have a job right now, but I would hate to let the coupon expire and then decide I really would like it and pay $150.

okay so I maybe had part of my question explained to me in another thread, the concept of "b-sides" :reject:

so I guess I don't have most of them since I don't buy singles

but seriously, there can't be that many?!

lauren430 said:
I got the ipod and didn't think I would get the box set b/c I thought, well I have nearly every major cd. I know I am missing under a blood red sky and wide awake in america. But with those 13 or so others, I have uploaded them all and it's only 151 songs. So there are apparently hundreds of others I don't know about? Or just tons of different versions? :huh: How is that I am missing 250 songs; I know they said 25 unreleased songs, but? :( I haven't gotten singles and stuff.....What's the deal, are you guys all glad you got it even though you probably have all the cds? $100 seems kind of steep on top of it all when I don't have a job right now, but I would hate to let the coupon expire and then decide I really would like it and pay $150.

I am very happy with my purchase. Some of the other sets you get (which you may or may not have) are the Hasta La Vista concert from Popmart Mexico (Propaganda giveaway) and the Boston concert from '81. And yes, you get all b-sides minus most covers.

It's great to have them all in the palm of my hand in the same quality. :up:

lauren430 said:
okay well I was going to start a new thread but I guess I'll add on to this one b/c it's regarding the complete collection so maybe you guys could be so kind as to give me your expertise/opinion. :)

A lot of the tracks on the box set are repeated many times. For instance, With Or Without You, its on The Joshua Tree, then you have the single and then its on the Best of. That's 3 versions of the same song right there.

Take a look at the tracklisting on I-Tunes and compare.

yeah..I didn't like the fact that I had to change the titles on all the songs/albums. It was a minor inconvenience. really...It is well worth it to have high quality songs from the complete U2 Catalog at my fingertips!:wink:

I suppose that the next digital box set apple does will not have this glitch. This was the first ever so I guess you gotta expect some issues.

Hang in there folks its not all that bad...:)

Hey, I have nearly everything in some sort of media (vinyl, cassette, CD), but I downloaded the "Complete U2" and I'm glad I did. I have everything (including the songs they didn't include and I added) in my iPod and can listen to it whenever I have the time and pleasure to.

I, for one think it's a good purchase

I'm telling you, it takes mere minutes to organize the U2 Collection. In iTunes, expand the album area. Click the header and it'll automatically sort each song by album. Then create a new folder (such as "Achtung Baby") and place all AB-era songs in it.

Also, you really didn't pay a "pretty penny". There's 447 songs. At $99, that turns out to be a tad over $0.22 per song. Seems like a darn good deal to me. :)

I love my iPod. A while ago, I too didn't think I needed or even wanted one... but slowly that thought started to change. When the U2 iPod came out, I didn't rush to buy or order it. I took my time and debated. But now that I have it, it truly is fantastic. It's perfect for work, home and especially the car. No need to burn CD's any more or reburn a CD that has a mistake. A few simple clicks and problems fixed. :yes: If you listen to a lot of music but aren't really a fan of radio, I recommend an iPod. It's worth the $$ (IMO).

Back
Top Bottom