U2 in tv sitcom shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
i was just watching an episode of "Who's The Boss" where sam (Alyssa Milano) gets an extra U2 ticket from her friend because her friend (or a friend of her friend) broke up with her bf and goes to a concert. lol, it was the "Another Single Parent" episode

I thought the Saved by the bell episode where they get stick in a mall trying to buy u2 tix was the only show to have u2 mentioned in the show.

are there any others?

here's an interesting fact...

Who's the Boss?

"Another Single Parent", Episode #410.
A closemouthed single mother arouses suspicions.

Original Airdate: January 5, 1988.

Saved By The Bell

Year: First Aired November 9, 1991. Episode "All In The Mall", Season 3, Show 16.

1988 and 1991, two era's. JT and AB.

I just happened to come accross this site.. The U2 Pop Culture Database and saw no mention of the "Who's The Boss" episode but a ton of others. i'll be emailing this guy to tell him about this info.

They've been mentioned several times in the Gilmore Girls. On one episode, after returing from a backpack trip around Europe, they mention "staking out the Clarence Hotel, looking for Bono". and during another episode, Jess's character's father is wearing a JT tour shirt and tells Jess he's not Bono, implying that he isn't perfect.

There was also a poster from the "Walk On" single shown during the made for TV movie A Wrinkle In Time.
How I remember this stuff, I'll never know.

I can remember watching an Absolutely Fabulous episode ages ago, where Patsy mentioned something about Bono. You can watch it if you have Real Player!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/abfab/clips/series4/clip6.shtml

That show is hilarious.

Edit:

In case you don't have Real Player...

SAFFY: Why are you hatching this horrible plan? You hate the country!

EDDY: I don't hate the country. Anyway not the kind of country he's got, darling. Besides, Patsy and I were in the country last week.

PATSY: Were we?

EDDY: Yeah, we were in Ireland. Don't you remember that celebrity shoot?

PATSY: Oh yeah.

EDDY: Patsy shot a Corr.

PATSY: I was aiming for Bono.

Last edited:
there's this show on Family Channel, Radio Free Rosco, my sister watches.

The room they do their radio thing has a huge U2 POP poster on the wall!!

i loved that friends eposide! one of my favourites (obviously having WOWU in it had nothing to do with that!)

I haven't written a message before, but on "Friends" they played Walk On during the highlight show before the series finale.

Fan since 1983

this isn't tv...but i remember watching a video in health class back in 9th grade that talked about how the human heart works and they played "two hearts beat as one." it was surreal... and so random... i didn't know u2 had penetrated the educational video market :ohmy:

Anirban said:
this isn't tv...but i remember watching a video in health class back in 9th grade that talked about how the human heart works and they played "two hearts beat as one." it was surreal... and so random... i didn't know u2 had penetrated the educational video market :ohmy:

Oh Lordy, that's hilarious!

Don't forget that in the early years of "Family Matters" (the show with Steve Urkel...:yikes: ), during the opening credits, the grandmother character would put down her Rolling Stone magazine that featured U2 on the cover. :yes:

Anirban said:

:lmao:

That is really strange.

I remember that reference on Saved By the Bell, and you know, it really creeped me out. It was both a thrill to hear it and also irritating as I felt it was only mentioned 'cause the writers for the show thought it would be "cool." And it was on Saved By the Bell! What a dorky show! It's done all the time now, so it doesn't seem like such a big thing anymore, but at that time I was so disappointed.

Anirban said:

lol I think I saw the same video back in high school biology.

There was another reference on The Simpsons, which I saw tonight. It was the episode where the kids of Springfield are accused of vandalism, so a curfew is put into place. Anyway, Chief Wiggum comes driving in his cop car with a megaphone...then he shouts "ACHTUNG, BABIES!" to get the kids moving on back to their homes.

I thought it was hilarious. The rest of my family kept on giving me odd looks, as the reference sailed straight over their heads.

Anirban said:
there was a friends episode where ross requested wowy on the radio for rachel...

Actually there were two Friends episodes with WOWY in it. The other was in season 3 TOW when Rachel and Ross take a break. And EBTTRT was used in Sex & City. Season 6 episode 2. You saw it yesterday :wink:

Back
Top Bottom