U2 in the next edition of Uncut magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Gee, after just having released a special issue about U2 Uncut will feature U2 again, but this time in their 'regular' magazine. You'd almost believe that they are starting to like them (I didn't have that impression before, even though they did have some great cover articles about the early days of U2 and the making of The Joshua Tree).
Anyway, I was just looking at their site (http://www.uncut.net) about the current issue (what is it about and which artists and songs are on their free CD). When I looked at the teaser for next month's issue I saw the following:

U2's Achting Baby/Zooropa/Zoo TV period saw them reinvent themselves spectacularly, but it also threatened to bring the world's biggest band to their knees.

Plus, we examine the circumstances that led up to acclaimed singer-songwriter Elliot Smith's suicide last year, look back at Johnny Cash's legendary shows for American prisoners and look forward to imminent worldwide acclaim for NYC angst-rockers Interpol. All this plus Mob Life - a free CD featuring music from the movies of Martin Scorsese with classic tracks by Johnny Thunders, Frank Sinatra, Hoagy Carmichael and Tony Bennett.

Next issue on sale October 7 2004

So that could be interesting...

BTW, the current issue is the one with The Clash on the cover (the 25th anniversary of London Calling), so U2 comes after that.

C ya!

Marty

I'll bet that a good portion of the article will contain the ohrase, "In his book 'U2 At The End Of The World', Bill Flannagan talks about..." Uncut usually offers little or no new information about past U2 events in these 'big' articles

Back
Top Bottom