U2 in Portugal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larrry

The Fly
that`s from U2Portugal - rough Translation via Altavista:

from today:

CONFIRMADISSIMO: U2 IN PORTUGAL! Developments in briefing in u2portugal.com.

from yesterday:

U2 NEW FEATURES monthly archive of notice Thursday, April 29, 2004 U2 IN LISBON? Through ours mailing list we receive the surprising notice from that the U2 if finds in Lisbon to film a video. In italic post of querid?ssima Patrician Gomes, telling all history. Ol? to all! Already it has some time that I am part of this mailing list but only as spectator and never, until, as today participant. Today I am to participate to give to all a newness of last hour. The U2 meets in Portugal since yesterday (Wednesday) and until tomorrow, to participate in some photographic sessions that have as destination next alb?m. This information is confirmad?ssima, a time that was supplied me by a friend who works in the airport of Lisbon and that he was to speak, face the face, with all the elements of the band. It seems until it has a leaf with autografos, but this still I do not have in my power. Bono did not want to disclose, as he is obvious, the name of the hotel where if they find, even because nobody, but exactly nobody (is said: the social communication) knows of its coming Portugal. For now it is everything, but I promise to come back to write to be known plus some newness. Compliments, Patrician Gomes

or if anyone speaks portuguise, here are the original posts:

Sexta-feira, Abril 30, 2004

>>> CONFIRMADISSIMO: U2 EM PORTUGAL!!!!

Desenvolvimentos em breve no u2portugal.com.

editado por CrashedCar - 10:14

Quinta-feira, Abril 29, 2004

>>> U2 EM LISBOA?

Atrav?s da nossa mailing list recebemos a surpreendente not?cia de que os U2 se encontram em Lisboa para filmar um v?deo.

Em it?lico o post da querid?ssima Patr?cia Gomes, relatando toda a hist?ria.

Ol? a todos!

J? h? algum tempo que fa?o parte desta mailing list mas apenas como espectadora
e nunca, at? hoje, como participante.

Hoje estou a participar para dar a todos uma novidade de ?ltima hora.

Os U2 encontram-se em Portugal desde ontem (quarta-feira) e at? amanh?, para
participarem em v?rias sess?es fotogr?ficas que t?m como destino o pr?ximo
alb?m.

Esta informa??o est? confirmad?ssima, uma vez que me foi fornecida por um amigo
que trabalha no aeroporto de Lisboa e que esteve a falar, cara a cara, com
todos os elementos da banda. Parece at? que h? uma folha com autografos, mas
essa ainda n?o tenho em meu poder.

Bono n?o quis revelar, como ? ?bvio, o nome do hotel onde se encontram, at?
porque ningu?m, mas mesmo ningu?m (diga-se: a comunica??o social) sabe da sua
vinda a Portugal.

Por agora ? tudo, mas prometo voltar a escrever se souber mais alguma novidade.

Cumprimentos,
Patr?cia Gomes

They are indeed in Lisboa!!

Visit U2Portugal.com, they have a link to an newspaper-article(diario digital) which reports that U2 came to Lisboa yesterday and made photoshoots for the forthcoming album with Anton Corbijn, who prepared the location in Lisboa for them because he wanted them to go out of Dublin where they are under quite a pressure of finishing the album.

They say that this was a total secret visit and that even Universal Portugal didn`t know anything about it.

I think that explains why Sam told Bono`s Tart that Bono and Edge are on vacation in France, .. and so on.

so long, let`s wait for more news from Portugal!

i believe...
a newspaper wrote about fans that have seen them on the beach.

next info from U2Portugal.com; take it or leave it. I think that the information gaven out of Lisbon is accurate(fans where at their hotel, talked with the band), however make up your own opinion out of this:

U2 IN PORTUGAL - PLUS A BOCADINHO OF HISTORY The U2 had arrived the Portugal folloied of the dutch Antoin Corbjin in passed 4a fair at the night for a set of photographic sessions distributed by some points of Lisbon and Sintra. This photograph session will be able to exactly make part of artwork of the next album. Portugal seems a destination "in" in this Summer, for musical and porting reasons, and the photograph session is not of for of part the hypothesis of the filming of a video in Portugal (In the last album that gave origin to the layer took the U2 to film the video of "Beautiful Day" in the same localization - Airport Charles de Gaulle in the outskirts of Paris) The secretismo went up to around all the stay of the U2, even so if it guesses that in the next more prolesser days they are given for the social communication. Since already the U2Portugal.com it can advance that the U2 had been housed in the Hotel of the Lapa in Lisbon, of where had left today for return of the 11 of the morning. During the stay the U2 had revealed extremely likeable, af?veis and comunicativos, they distribuiram autografos and they had taken off photographs with the staff of the hotel. Moreover they had shown will to come back Portugal since they had liked very the stay. Some notice in the press advance that the U2 will be until Saturday, but to that everything indicates they leave Portugal today exactly.:madspit:

Hi, as some of you know i am from portugal, lisbon, and i am still in panic because i just knew about this 20 minutes ago. The sources (publico and diario digital) are credible ones but is also strange that there are no pics of anything.
Anyway, I just phoned to the hotel mentioned by u2portugal.com and a guy sweared that it's not true, that u2 never have been there. So, who to believe?...
It seems also that there's a bit of contradiction regarding the departure date: u2portugal is saying the they left today while publico and diariodigital say only tomorrow.
All i can say is that, if it's true, the referred places are beautiful for photos and/or videos, so i am really happy with their choice.
I will leave now and for a drive through lisbon and make some more calls to see if i find anything more. Probably, I will only be back here next monday, but i will leave you my follow-up...
xeers,
riko

Anyway, I just phoned to the hotel mentioned by u2portugal.com and a guy sweared that it's not true, that u2 never have been there. So, who to believe?...

If U2 were staying in a hotel, the hotel staff would never tell you because all the members would be there under pseudonyms (or pseudo-names as Edge says) so just because the hotel is denying that the band members are there or have been there doesn't mean they're telling the truth. Hotels have to protect their clients, especially celeb clients, so won't necessarily be forthcoming with information.

guys, just let me know when they come to Green Bay. I'm sure the boys would enjoy a tour of the Packers Hall Of Fame.

mikal said:
guys, just let me know when they come to Green Bay. I'm sure the boys would enjoy a tour of the Packers Hall Of Fame.

They don't want no stinkin' tour of the Packer Hall of Fame... they're Bears fans!:wink:

New sunglasses?

New sunglasses?

u2ptlx07.jpg

since they are in Portugal I think its fair to expect the new album to be fado influenced

I hope they will get Mariza to colaborate on at least one track :up:

The hair is cool and gorgeous :love:

I like the jacket. It kind of reminds me of the one David Bowie wore on tour last year. Nice color for Bono.

I like the sunglasses, the hair and the jacket, what I do not like on Bono is the ugly gray teeshirt underneath:p

Back
Top Bottom