U2 in another commercial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
I was feeding my dog when I hear All Because of You start playing on the tv..I thought it was the video but I looked up and it was the backround music on a commercial for the tv show Entourage. did anyone else see this or am I going crazy?

For anyone coming to the thread for an answer, it was an ad for the HBO series Entourage......U2 isn't in the ad, just "ABOY", however, the band will be appearing in an upcoming episode of this series....

I am sure U2 did not get paid for it but they will get airtime and publicity.

They will almost certainly be paid royalties as they would if it was played anywhere else.

But HBO would not have needed to ask U2 permission to use their music.

Broadcast companies reguarly use U2 music in their trailers. I have heard four of five different U2 songs used as backing tracks in the last couple of months alone in the UK.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I made a thread about this in Zoo Station. Apparently the episodes 1 and 2 are filmed with them going to the U2 concert in LA.

I was there, hehe my sister says she may have got on camera. Though, I was waiting to see if anyone from U2 would show up before soundcheck, didn't get to see much of the filming myself.

Back
Top Bottom