U2 in 3-D Concert Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: U2 in 3-D Concert Film

pattip2000 said:

I was wondering the same thing. You think they might be counting each cameras film separately?

Yeah that's exactly what they're doing.

A single two hour concert filmed by 350 cameras would by 700 hours worth of footage.

that's not what happened, obviously, just makin' an example up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 in 3-D Concert Film

Achtung Ya'll said:

Yeah that's exactly what they're doing.

A single two hour concert filmed by 350 cameras would by 700 hours worth of footage.

that's not what happened, obviously, just makin' an example up.

Obviously they are counting all the raw footage.

For 3D, each angle has to be shot with 2 cameras comnnected together. That's how I understand the numbers.

So, it may be 350 hours of footage X 2.

------------------------------------------------

Here's my primitive math guess:

20 cameras X 8 Latin shows = 160

160 X 2 hours each show = 320(350 if the shows are slightly over 2 hours)

350 X 2(double film stocks for 3D effect) = 700

--------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I am aware they did not shoot all 8 shows with 20 cameras each. They may have filmed some of the full soundchecks, which could have doubled as film rehearsals.

u2fp

they filmed the Buenos Aires Shows with 8 cameras.
Mexiko, Sao Paulo and Chile were also filmed but with less cameras.

I hope they got Bonos"I remeber carnival in the beautiful city of..." also on the 3D-HD cams.
:drool:

Oh God this is great!!! :hyper: This is way better than a Milan DVD. If they were ever to do a live DVD showing multiple shows than a South America leg is perfect for this!!! Man, this might be their best DVD ever, better than Zoo TV even! Can't wait for it! It's going to kick major ass!!! :drool:

Oh and it's not even directed by Hamish! Perfect!!! :rockon:

Chizip said:

you dont know what HD is do ya?

Was thinking of High-def, but now I'm thinking it's some pleba thing........

:hmm: Huge Dong? :scratch:

:wink:

mofo82 said:

No joke, That was my favorite bit of news. He RUINED Vertigo Chicago, and I was there in person. Good move to brush him aside.

So your to blame for a very tame audience!!!!

.... all jokes aside hamish cant be blamed for all of the DVD's faults.

Re: Re: U2 in 3-D Concert Film

Utoo said:

700 hours of footage?? :ohmy: What else did they film besides the Buenos Aires shows and what, two or three other Mexico/S.A. shows as practice?

They filmed every single performance of the Latin American leg, including Brazil and Chile ;)

PS: and Mexico isn't part of South America :D

U2girl said:
Do these IMAX movies get released on DVD later or not?

Usually. Even random ones about fish and airplanes often get made into dvds. And when one is a high-profile, heavily-marketed flick (i.e., the Michael Jordan 3-D IMAX :drool: ), like this one is sure to be, then it's almost a guarantee.

:up:

Pellington directing. :hmm:
Is he a full-time video/concert director now?

Will it be the regular DVD format or the up-and coming HD format?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

that is exactly how it went when Rattle & Hum came out back in the late 80s. I went to see it in the theaters and the lines were literally around the block and then some on opening nite. Then it was like a concert inside too the whole audience got into as if they were there ... gave me goosebumps then and still does now when I think about it. People were singing along, clapping, screaming it was surreal!

:drool: I foresee some good times at the IMAX theatre come mid/late 2007...

Yeah, I'm already lined up, too. :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom