U2 I-Pods on Ebay...Too good to be true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVIN051269

Refugee
Just before xmas i noticed a glut of 'brand new U2' ipods on ebay at knockdown prices. These ads have re appeared, for example

h t t p ://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APPLE-20GB-iPOD-U2-COLOUR-LCD-SPECIAL-EDITION-NEW_W0QQitemZ5863777300QQcategoryZ67838QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bit concerned that the 'Irish seller' is shipping from China
All the feedback is positive, but also some of it makes no sense ?

Anyone bought one ?

Anyone know the catch ? (If there is one?)

:eyebrow:

Registered Mail to anywhere in Australia for $12.95 or Worldwide for $39.95.

Still, it does seem pretty cheap...£70 for a brand new iPod of any kind

deirdre said:
are the U2 Ipods hard to come by?

They are no longer being made, there were only a small supply of them meaning they will be or rather are collector's items. I would be wary of any U2 iPod listed on ebay at this point.

My sister gave me one in November, she had purchased it in a silent auction (which was cool for her cuz the $250 went to charity and she can write it off as a tax deduction). I am a U2 fan and I love having the U2 iPod but quite frankly I'd prefer the newer one with video, 60gb....

So, I'll take that Ipod off your hands Carek - I don't want you to suffer while pining for the video Ipod :whistle: :wink:

i go by this rule: if you think it's too good to be true, it usually is. and i always avoid buying things from countries like china and malaysia just because of the high content of stolen/pirated merchandise coming from those countries and the number of scam artists there. sure it can happen from someone right in your city too but it's more likely to happen there is all i'm saying. :shrug:

i actually bought one, but it has all this Chinpokemon stuff. what's that about?:wink:

Carek1230 said:

I am a U2 fan and I love having the U2 iPod but quite frankly I'd prefer the newer one with video, 60gb....

me too!!! does this make us bad fans:eyebrow:

:wink:

I bought my U2 iPod in October 2005, and it was hard to find it at that point. It was one of the last ones available from the website I bought it off of.

I think at this point I would encourage anyone looking to buy an iPod to go for one of the new ones with video, 30GB or 60GB. The Nano is really small and cute, but doesn't hold much.

my regular one broke 3 days after the warranty expired! I do not recommend buying iPods, unless you buy them from a shop in the UK (2 year warranty for all electronic goods:))

Balfron said:
my regular one broke 3 days after the warranty expired! I do not recommend buying iPods, unless you buy them from a shop in the UK (2 year warranty for all electronic goods:))

wow 3 days? thats awful... i think Apple plans the iPods to break right after the warranty is up. lol.

:hmm: 2 years in the UK? i'll be making a trip there in May :)

cop.gif
always get the extended warranty on portable electronics
cop.gif

Back
Top Bottom