U2 HOF Exhibit - What did YOU think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Last edited:
Highlights? Bono's first guitar and larry's drumset. all the handwritten lyrics

Items you wanted to see but weren't there? I read so much online about it..i knew what was there! lol

What did you think of the HOF? it is beautiful-i hate that you cant take pictures..but oh well. this was my 4th time there :D

Dissapointed the band wasn't there? Yes! :( But i understand, it's ok. It would have been soo cool though

I really liked the handwritten lyrics too :cute:

Can't believe I'd never heard about "Binky for president" :der:

I'm glad the guys didn't show up, who needs 'em :shrug:
[/extremesarcasm]

It sucked!!

hee. Just kidding. ::sniggers::

It was...amazing, dude.

My fav. moment was when the bagpipers came out. We totally didn't expect it! It was a cute little suprise, and -- for me, anyway -- it made up for U2 not being there. It made me feel like at least they were thinking of us and that was enough for me. It made me smile. Some people cried. It was really sweet. And TOTALLY like them!

I didn't have a single favorite exhibit item. It was ALL just amazing. What sticks out though was Anton's gallery. Every time I went past a giant Bono picture, I had to run up and kiss it! lol. So Sunday evening, I was running around wiping the smudgemarks off the pictures with my sleeve lol.

I also loved Adam's fake press release. That was *classic*. :lmao:

Dot.

Thanks you guys! Keep them coming!

Dot, I have used your Anton quote in my article - should I reference you as Dot, or another name?

Next time I go I'm bringing a sleeping bag and moving in to the top floor.
:D
There was one thing that bothered me, and it was that the Elevation Edge mannequin was wearing cowboy boots...
I was wondering what was up with the Bagpipe Gang, I was still upstairs when they came out. I was a little disappointed the band wasn't there, but I didn't really expect them to be there in the first place. I just wish they would have had the lemon. :sigh:

I liked seeing all the old stuff like the Talent Show Trophy, the handwritten lyrics and also all the costumes upstairs. I really, really wanted to see Edge's black Popmart outfit and was thrilled that it was there.

It was odd to see so many things that we have collected ourselves actually displayed at the museum.

I did not expect the band to show up, so I wasn't really disappointed. Of course it would have been a thrill if any of them would have been there. The pipers were a nice touch.

It will be tempting to go back and see what will be diplayed once Anton's photos are taken down. :hmm:

I would have liked to see more clothes and more of their own original letters, and notes. The Popmart giant Lemon or the Olive would have been cool. Also, I thought a Macphisto spotlight flashing in the night sky for the opening night would have been an excellent touch.

I enjoyed the entire Hall of Fame, especially some of the interactive listening areas. I could have listened to those all day. The timeline on the first floor with all the different outfits was also worth seeing.

I have to admit it was super-excited about the bubble suit, but the handwritten lyrics are by far my favorite thing there :yes: and Anton's gallery. I don't care how many times I've saved those pics, seeing them BIG is :drunk:

I LOVED the exhibit--I thought it was waaaay better than the Lennon exhibit (which of course was great, but I felt that the U2 one was more personal). I'll be back to see it in March with a friend of mine when I go home for my b-day. I can't wait!!!

:hyper:

Hmm...I loved seeing the handwritten lyrics, and it was cool to see that Bono had re-written the new New York lyrics in Chicago, Oct. 15, the night April and I got our drumsticks, although I was able to hear the first time they sang New York with the changed lyrics at Notre Dame...

I loved the letter that Edge wrote to Larry in 1982 telling him that they needed to practice. He signed it "Lots of Love--Edge". How fucking cool is that??

What else?...Larry's drumkit, Edge's funky popmart boots, Larry's FOAD hat, their rejection letters from Arista and another record company that slips my mind, their early newspaper clippings that Larry saved... god there was just so much. It was heaven.

:)

JoshuaTreeU2 said:
Are visitors allowed to take pictures of the stuff? I might go this weekend.

No cameras are allowed in the Exhibit, per Rock Hall rules. The pictures you see online are a result of press passes on Saturday issued to the media to take pictures.

I agree with most of the opinions already expressed

loved the trophy from the talent show, loved the handwritten lyrics, also loved all the old guitars

Rattle and Hum on the big screen with the great sound was cool too.......and all the old Propaganda issues

overload overload......

gotta go back and see it again.......:wink:

pukebreath said:
what songs were the bagpippers playing?

I don't know what they were playing when they came in, but they played Scotland the Brave as they left. :huh: :) :shrug:

Last edited:
browneyedgirl said:
Damn....I can't wait to see this !! :hyper:
when will you be there in March LadyLemon ?

I should be there Saturday the 29th...that leaves Sunday, my b-day, all to my family since I don't get to go home often...

;)

ladylemon....i'm planning a trip the weekend of march 17 for my birthday...i was going to suggest we meet up if you were by chance going to be there then....oh well...
i want to try to get there before may and see anton's pics and then after to see steve's album covers....maybe the week of june 10th.....a little band called coldplay are in cleveland then !!!

Last edited:
ouizy said:
how big was the model of the popmart stage?

any other stage drawings etc???

The Pop Mart stage drawing was about the size of your lap if you are sitting down. and maybe about knee-heighth.

As for other tour mockups - ZooTV sticks out in my head, along with plans for the hanging Trabbies.

browneyedgirl said:

ladylemon....i'm planning a trip the weekend of march 17 for my birthday...i was going to suggest we meet up if you were by chance going to be there then....oh well...
i want to try to get there before may and see anton's pics and then after to see steve's album covers....maybe the week of june 10th.....a little band called coldplay are in cleveland then !!!

Bummer...I will be returning from my spring break trip to St. Louis on the 16th...dammit, I need to see Coldplay! I just don't know if I'll be home by then or staying in my apartment in school a little longer after I graduate (I am car-less). Hmm...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I loved it. Edge's boots were my favorite, and so were the rewritten NY lyrics. :love: :up:

It was great, I wanted to spend the entire day up there, lol. It was U2 heaven! I'll have to go back up there at least once more before it's taken down, but it's amazing. :heart:

yes indeed, the boots were the money, missed you this weekend POP angel,

do you still dislike me?............:wink:

Back
Top Bottom