U2 hidden........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:

On track twelve, Wake Up Dead Man: In the left stereo channel, an opera singer can be heard singing during parts of the song.
Also, at about 3:08 up to 3:22 a voice in the background seems to "slow down".

I've heard this one. And if anyone clicked that link I posted up near the top of this thread.. I've heard the "that was great.. oh sh*t" at the very end of Wake Up Dead Man, as well, as it said on that page I linked.

Wow..
redface.gif
Why have I posted so many times in this thread?
eek.gif
*hides in embarassment*

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

The hammer sound on UTEOTW seems so very obvious and makes a lot of sense in the context of the song being about Judas and Jesus. I?m always surprised when people say they never heard it before. lol.

My personal fav is the part in Ultraviolet when Larry drops a drumstick and keeps going. I forget the track time, but it?s right before ?I remember when we could sleep on stones...? It?s not a hidden message, but it sure as hell is funny.
biggrin.gif

*busts out the headphones and POP CD here at work...

To quote Bono, let's hope this shit works!

For the record, I've never heard the nails/hammer on UTEOTW either.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I was fooling around after reading this thread. I was listening to UTEOTW in reverse, during the part where Bono sings: "In the garden I was playing the tart, I kissed your lips and broke your heart."

In reverse this is what it sorta sounds like(most words aren't absoultly clear, but this is what it sounds like):
"I always knew your were my spanish sea, two hearts bleed/beat as one under me."

During WGRYWH, in the part where Bono sings: "Hey Hey Sha La La", sounds like "I I shave you"

Pretty cool eh?

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 05-21-2002).]

At the end of "All That You Can't Leave Behind," it sounds like Edge says "I buried Paul."

But really he's saying "Cranberry Sauce."

eek.gif
eek.gif

I know that if you turn up Wake Up Dead Man really loud at the end you can hear a snippet of Van Diemen's Land. I've heard most of these little bits in the songs. Some of them I can see as being intentional, but some I think may have just been mistakes or things they didn't catch.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

LOL at this thread!!

As someone said, the person who listened to the songs backwards must have WAY too much time in their hands, or they might just be tired of the old stuff, waiting for some new to come out and made this to spice it up a little. LOL
biggrin.gif

I will go home and annoy my eighbours by playing some of the songs really loud to hear Bono speaking....
smile.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
He say suck not f*ck!
He say suck not f*ck!
He say suck not f*ck!
He say suck not f*ck!
He say suck not f*ck!

HE SAY SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!

now, is any of u gonna take me on over this?

(sorry if I musinderstaad loike....
biggrin.gif
)

btw I cant even hear fecking HALF of these hidden messages.....they are a pile of joke.................

BWAAAHAHAHAAA The Edge agrees with me, it's "suck." And we have the backwards WOWY on the Man Corral

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/themancorral/

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

Originally posted by Sicy:
The Joshua Tree
On track three, With Or Without You: The line "...and I wait without you / with or without you" (0:53-1:03) sounds like "mmm... we slap you... mmm... we slap you... we want it", when played in reverse.

actually, to me, it sounds like: "mmm...we suck off you....mmmm...we slap you....we want it."

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Originally posted by HolyJoe914:
LOL. The old-guard Beatlemaniacs know what I'm talking about.
Hint: "Strawberry Fields Forever."
wink.gif
I knew what you were talking about, and found it to be a very funny comment!

like typhoon said earlier, anyone who wants to listen to stuff backwards can. as long as you have the cd or even the mp3 of the song, you can do it easily, even with windows sound recorder. either convert the mp3 to wav format, or record the specific part of the song with your microphone. under the "effects" menu in sound recorder, there's an option for reverse. click it and voila! you have it backwards.
wink.gif

i did this for wowy cuz i didn't really believe it so i wanted to find out for myself. i'm off to check those other two songs mentioned now...
biggrin.gif

You people have WAY too much hands on your time.

I have never ever heard any of the stuff you mentioned (that's right, Ultraviolet sounds perfect to me and i don't hear Larry's sticks dropping) except I still haven't found on R&H.

As for Wake up dead man, yes there is an additional voice in the background - probably from the sampled song they used. "Besrodna nevesta".

All i hear at the start of Velvet dress is the lil' "vamos" and then "mmmm hmmmm mmmm" from Bono. What i wanna know is what he says during the solo, right at the start before the "da da da" humming along?

------------------
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have never noticed any of the hidden messages, but I have very much appreciated all the static I was able to hear on all the U2 vinyl I owned growing up

Pride 12"
Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum...

Back
Top Bottom