U2 Haters - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2002, 01:04 PM   #21
Babyface

Local Time: 04:46 AM
U2 Haters

Has anybody had a U2 hate experience ? I live in Vancouver and most people I come around like u2 and some even love them but some people i've come across have a hatred for U2 that i'd never knew existed. One time I was in my favorite watering hole called The Cambie and I put some quarters in the juke-box to play 5 U2 songs and while it appeared that people were getting into it when it got the third song some guy stood up and said, "I HATE U2" I took that as he didn't like U2, I know some people don't like them but what posess this guy to get up and announce to the whole bar his dislkike just flabergasted me. This example is not the only time, I have even had close friends of mine who go out of their way to tell me how much they dislike them and have heard people make fun of them on tv and radio. The only thing I can think of is that their jealous that they can't get into it the way some people can. What do you guys think ? Have any of you beeen discriminated because of your love for U2 ?

p.s next time I goto The Cambie i'm gonna play the entire Best of Album Maybe if that guy hears them enough he will learn to love them.

Old 07-03-2002, 01:18 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 02:46 PM

All my friends *HATE* u2.........they just got bored of making fun of me when they realised I didn't actually care what they thought

Like they all like this black goth music...i like their type of music and dance music and every type of music and i tried to get them to listen to U2 but they wouldn't....its bad not to have a diverse taste in music

Old 07-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

hold on........... *confused confused* Under Current did u not make a thread about U2 haters......were these threads merged?
Old 07-03-2002, 01:32 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 AM

They were merged.. I wanted to clean up threads and put good (and similar) discussions together.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:33 PM   #25
Babyface

Yeah bono-vox I just started a U2 Hater thread and I guess it got moved into this thread. Makes sense there both about the poor outside world's distain for our beloved band and their ignorance for not realizing the true beauty and revelations within the ideology known as U2. Wow i'm speaking in U2 ebonics and guess what, it feels good
Old 07-03-2002, 01:33 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
They were merged.. I wanted to clean up threads and put good (and similar) discussions together.
*phew* I thought i was going mad........thank goodness....im not
Old 07-03-2002, 01:35 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox

*phew* I thought i was going mad........thank goodness....im not

LOL... Sorry for the confusion...

Enjoy the discussion... it's a good one.

~HA
Old 07-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

U2 ebonics lol

If anyone hates U2 you get bored of listening to them- its really funny tho when they hear a U2 song and start liking it- they are all hypocrites that drives me mad
Old 07-03-2002, 01:54 PM   #29
Babyface

I think we should all get together once a year and give these 'no-good do-ers' a good a$$ whooping while we play U2 music in the background. I'm sure they'll have a rejuvenated appreciation for U2 or least a new perspective
Old 07-03-2002, 01:58 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Under Current
I think we should all get together once a year and give these 'no-good do-ers' a good a$$ whooping while we play U2 music in the background. I'm sure they'll have a rejuvenated appreciation for U2 or least a new perspective
Its great when you can drive people crazy

*plays Billy Boola really loud on computer while Dad is snoring on sofa- he dont like U2 *
Old 07-03-2002, 02:07 PM   #31
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by bono-vox

Its great when you can drive people crazy

*plays Billy Boola really loud on computer while Dad is snoring on sofa- he dont like U2 *
Thats' funny and you definatley picked the right song, Billy Boola will piss off most of the populace which gives me an idea right now (sees brother, self professed U2 hater, walking around house) I'm sure he'll like it after a few listens.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:05 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

I've found that you should kill the naysayers with kindness.

Don't irritate them and play crazy U2 songs that just serve to irritate. Play songs that will take them by surprise.

Play Kite. Play Love is Blindess. Play something akin to the kind of music they like, and when they ask "Who the hell is that?!"

You can proudly say:
U2!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 03:40 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 AM
If you want to go into a blind rage there are actually U2 Hate Sites out there.
its scary

I will never go in one, but you can if you want to
Old 07-03-2002, 03:42 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I've found that you should kill the naysayers with kindness.

Don't irritate them and play crazy U2 songs that just serve to irritate. Play songs that will take them by surprise.

Play Kite. Play Love is Blindess. Play something akin to the kind of music they like, and when they ask "Who the hell is that?!"

You can proudly say:
U2!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just stick on the POPMART vid when my best friend comes up and leave it on while we talk- now he knows the lyrics to most tunes and knows Larry is a sexy mofo and what to do when he meets Larry- i have converted him well
Old 07-03-2002, 11:34 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn
You know you've acheived a certain degree of success when people start hating you.

Very true. It's also true that if you take a stand on anything that there are people out there who will give you flak about it. Some people live and die by cutting other people down. I mean, hell, if I'm going to run into people like this on the blasted Renaissance Faire dance troupe circuit you're definitely going to run into it big time in the big leagues. I've sort of learned how to ignore it and just have fun with what I'm doing. I don't let other people rain on my parade!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:02 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Heck, as long as U2 are popular enough to play the Super Bowl, sell out Slane and this sort of thing, I'm not going to worry about U2 haters. I'm having a blast; I sort of doubt if they are.