U2 hasn't put out a great album since AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freetobeme

Babyface
Don't get me wrong, I love the band, but I have not truly enjoyed any of their work since AB. That was the last great album. I am proud they still have a career and are on tour, but the output since AB has been less than stellar, and while I own all those albums I never play them. Maybe 2 or 3 good songs on each one, then eehhhh, next CD.

Are there any other fans here willing to admit this is true?

Woo...daring post around here, where the prevailing "wisdom" is that Zooropa & Pop are masterpieces. But I tend to agree. Up to and including AB I would frequently play all of U2's albums all the way through, without skipping any tracks; nothing since then is on that level. Sad but true.

Zooropa and HTDAAB are great albums, not as great as AB, but most time I enjoy them as much. However I think that Pop is as good as AB and, at times, I believe that Pop is even better than AB, especially live. (Pop worshipper here! :bow: )

freetobeme's thread title
U2 hasn't put out a great album since AB

I think that where you wrote 'AB', you meant to write 'Passengers'.

yeah man....I agree...U2 what a bunch of old losers:tsk: they should really give it up.......

:eyebrow: I hope your not trying to start stuff..this is the second negative thread you've started about the band in like 7 minutes.....

WalkOn21 said:
I think he actually meant to write "U2 hasn't put out a great album since The Clash's London Calling".

Which came out a year previous to Boy. :wink:

Nah, ever since recording technology was invented, music has sucked. It was only great when it was folk music played around a camp fire in Siberia in the 1400s.

Axver said:

Nah, ever since recording technology was invented, music has sucked. It was only great when it was folk music played around a camp fire in Siberia in the 1400s.

dance of the Yak People rocks my world:drool:

I like all their albums. There, I said it. I like everything from Boy to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Zootlesque said:
I like all their albums. There, I said it. I like everything from Boy to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Me too:drool: and POP rocks my fucking world:rockon: just listened to it:drool:

YES PEOPLE!! OMG...I LIKE POP AND I AM NOT ASHAMED:shocked::wink:

I think Achtung Baby was their only great album in the first place. ATYCLB and HTDAAB were good, not great. Pop & Zooropa were my 2 least favorite, and all the 80's stuff was good, except October, which was below average.

I agree that, to this point, AB is there strongest overall record. However, there are a lot more than 2 or three good songs on the albums since then.

I think they have only put out great albums since AB, none as great as AB though. But they have defenitly made some great albums and written some fantastic new classics since then.

AB is u2's last true masterpeice but the rest of the albums that have followed have been enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom