U2 has got somthing up there sleeve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
Lately I have just been getting this feeling that U2 have somthing planned and I dont know what this means in terms of musical style or release dates

the ATYCLB and HTDAAB U2 are not what they want to be remebered for it seems although it was an important part of them becoming the big band again. They achieved what they set out to do and now its time to for a change.

They are evolving again it seems and with the recent news of the new possible passengers album and another U2 album U2 are setting themselve in possition to make a new kind of mark on music like they did in the 90's

I am looking forward to hearing more news as they begin to record again in Nov.

By the way I see three loose ends right now that dont add up
1. what happened to the material from the france sessions from last summer is sounded promising
2. I thought we hear them all talk about how they wanted to do a quick album and here we are approaching on the 3 years - maybe the album is as far off as we think
3. what happened to the last news bit from the fez sesions that were comming out from U2.com all summer. Bono's part we never heard from him

Last edited:
the state of Kansas won't fully support the theory of U2's evolution until its cleared by the religious leaders :wink:

If U2 is a singular entity and thus "U2 has", then it can only have something "up its sleeve", not "their" sleeve. Of course, if U2 is considered a plural entity, then "U2 have something up their sleeve" would be accurate.

:grumpy:
:grammar nazi:

Only Americans (and Canadians?) would say "U2 has"... I've noticed that we usually put singular verbs with collective nouns whereas others in the English speaking world use plural verbs with many collective nouns.

kingofsorrow said:
maybe u2 is coming out with a dictionary next..................or is it youtoo? you2? utoo?

The U2 dictonary? Become fluent in Bongolese within 10 days? Heck, I'll buy it!

kingofsorrow said:
as a bonus you will get a free DVD with instructions by the edge on how to spontaneously combust with out losing your clothes.:wink:

And "Frowny-smiling for Dummies" by A. Clayton, and "Vegetarianism: build your body fast!" by L. Mullen Jr.

It definitely makes little sense anymore to announce projects way in advance. Leaks are always a danger. Seems like they would get more positive publicity if they announced new records just before dropping them on the public.

did anyone read that news item on atu2 that said the artwork for the upcoming 'projects' is being delivered this week or next week? i think it's from the same q&a with steve averill that is posted in the 'where the album has no name'. maybe there is something up their sleeve and they are going to surprise us shortly. i have no idea if artwork being delivered means album coming out relatively soon, but it's interesting.

norsehorse23 said:
did anyone read that news item on atu2 that said the artwork for the upcoming 'projects' is being delivered this week or next week? i think it's from the same q&a with steve averill that is posted in the 'where the album has no name'. maybe there is something up their sleeve and they are going to surprise us shortly. i have no idea if artwork being delivered means album coming out relatively soon, but it's interesting.

If atu2 said it then it must be true, or at least every bit as true as if it was reported anywhere else on the internet that is..........

misread the part about album art... it's for the joshua tree 20th anniversary. ooops, but hey, never know.

I agree, something's going on. I also have the feeling that U2 are going to surprise us soon.

atu2.com also said that there is a rumor (from Steve Averill, I think (?)) that U2 is/are working on another Passengers-type album.

Yeah, that's right. Passengers. Volume 2.

Ahem. Excuse me a moment while I combust.

norsehorse23 said:

I dont want to add spokes to the rumor mill;
But when I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, there was someone from the studio talking to a courier who brought some equipment.

They were both talking in the doorway for about 10mins and he kept saying something for the next few weeks.

I couldn't quite catch what he said, but he looked over to me and they both went back inside and talked for a few more minutes.

Not sure if it adds anything, so take it as you will.
But I clearly remember him saying ''next week.......[inaudible]..and in the next few weeks''

The only reason someone would suspect a Passengers type project, is because of how close Eno is to the whole thing, but both Eno and Lanois have been quoted as "working on the next U2 album"

waynetravis said:

I couldn't quite catch what he said, but he looked over to me and they both went back inside and talked for a few more minutes.

"Spies...quickly, let's talk inside!" :wink:

Well, we know JT remastered edition is coming so maybe they meant this. If the Eno/Lanois/U2 thingie is coming this year they're sure very quiet about it.

waynetravis said:

I dont want to add spokes to the rumor mill;
But when I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, there was someone from the studio talking to a courier who brought some equipment.

They were both talking in the doorway for about 10mins and he kept saying something for the next few weeks.

Not sure if it adds anything, so take it as you will.
But I clearly remember him saying ''next week.......[inaudible]..and in the next few weeks''

Wayne, you're full of scintillating tidbits! :wink:

I also noticed the notebook that Bono was holding in your pics of the two of you......:eyebrow:

I just Posted a thread asking this same question. The norm to me, seems to be that U2 has a 4-5 years stretch betweeen tours...ex: Boston Shows: 1987, 1992, 1997, 2001 and 2005...

and so I think I can speak for the fans of Boston, when I say to the band...."Thanks for all the memories. Those that have past, those present...AND THOSE STILL IN THE MAKING!:|

Back
Top Bottom